Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » clutch fork return spring bracket

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: clutch fork return spring bracket
robertrwalsh
¯
Member # 10479

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for robertrwalsh  Ford pictures for robertrwalsh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, the Frankenstein car is back together. However, my clutch guy says the anchoring of the fork return spring is twisting the fork a tad. i notice in the shop manual is shows a bracket bolting to the back of something (maybe the tranny) that anchors the spring. right now it is tucked into a hole in the body pan, obviously incorrectly. can somebody tell me where this bracket actually anchors and what it looks like? its for a 6 cyl 3 speed if that makes a difference, and i think maybe it does. thanks.
Posts: 73 | From: stockton, ca | Registered: Nov 2010  |  :
MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is this a classic Mustang? If so, I'll get a pic of where my clutch stuff is on my 70. It's got an I6 and 3 speed.

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

robertrwalsh
¯
Member # 10479

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for robertrwalsh  Ford pictures for robertrwalsh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks, I really appreciate it. The spring anchors forward somewhere (I was thinking backward and had the parking brake return spring in my brain too) but i am not sure where it is SUPPOSED to be. Right now it is too high and it tends to pull the clutch fork up slightly during operation. if you don't want to bother with posting it here you can email it to me at the address below. THANKS A BUNCH.

bob6371@sbcglobal.net

robertrwalsh
¯
Member # 10479

It is an I6 3 speed. Thanks again. The picture in the shop manual shows a bracket mounting on a curved surface but doesn't say what or where exactly that might be. The bracket shown is like a very shallow, wide letter U.
robertrwalsh
¯
Member # 10479

By the way, if you can tell me where the rear most anchor of the emergency brake cable return spring anchors, I would appreciate that too. Mine is stuck through a body plug hole in the floor plan, I am pretty sure that isn't right. It works, but I don't like it.

[ January 26, 2011, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: robertrwalsh ]

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The e brake spring goes into a small hole in the frame rail on the passenger side rail.
MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will have the pics up tomorrow! [Smile]
robertrwalsh
¯
Member # 10479

thanks guys. i will look forward to the photo and look for the hole in the frame rail. i have the correct spring now so hooking it in place and looking around should get me to the right spot. thanks again.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com