Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » UPDATE 2/2 Car wont start !!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: UPDATE 2/2 Car wont start !!!
94OnDuces
¯
Member # 9555

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94OnDuces  Ford pictures for 94OnDuces    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
94 gt 5.0 stock

just changed the head gaskets and its time to start the car but the fuel pump is not turning on. the car was still running before i started the gasket swap. any ideals on what else to check before i just go out and buy a fuel pump??? because i dont know if the pump is even getting power

things ive checked and or replaced-

1)fuel pump relay "the box located on the reservior" was swapped with known working one
2)ignition fues in the car
3)inertia switch "no power to the switch when the key is turned"
4)ive changed the ecu with a known working one

thanks for the info and help yall

[ February 02, 2011, 03:06 AM: Message edited by: 94OnDuces ]

--------------------
94 DROP GT
"Burn Rubber Not Your Soul"

rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all your wires connected to solinoid?? are your ground to body attached,from engine, is the fuses bad,
94OnDuces
¯
Member # 9555

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94OnDuces  Ford pictures for 94OnDuces    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuses checked out good
Grounds look good
Solinoid I havent checked it which one are you referring too? Location?

Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
94 DROP GT

94OnDuces
¯
Member # 9555

ttt

--------------------
94 DROP GT

94OnDuces
¯
Member # 9555

Ttt

--------------------
94 DROP GT

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think hes talkin about the one in the engine bay

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
94OnDuces
¯
Member # 9555

update i changed the fuel pump today and i have the same problem lol what else can it be??? some body has to have some tips thanks [patriot]

--------------------
94 DROP GT

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
inertia switch behind the driverside tail light inside of the trunk behild the side molding

go test NOW and let us no..lol

[ February 01, 2011, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: peter ]

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

94OnDuces
¯
Member # 9555

quote:
Originally posted by peter:
inertia switch behind the driverside tail light inside of the trunk behild the side molding

i tried that the button is pushed down but im not sure if the switch is even good. have you heard of them going out before?

--------------------
94 DROP GT

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94OnDuces:
quote:

i tried that the button is pushed down but im not sure if the switch is even good. have you heard of them going out before?
no i havent ive only really been heavy into stangs since i got my car in october but ive never heard of it b4..is the fuel system even priming?

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

94OnDuces
¯
Member # 9555

quote:
quote:
quote:

no i havent ive only really been heavy into stangs since i got my car in october but ive never heard of it b4..is the fuel system even priming?
only primes if you jump the obd1 manualy but with the ignition nada happens

--------------------
94 DROP GT

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

only primes if you jump the obd1 manualy but with the ignition nada happens
ur not gonna like wat im bout to tell u but go back and go over everything.....2times and im sure u will find ur problem..usally works for me

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best thing to do is start at the begining of a circuit. First there's a constant hot that goes to one side of the relay hot at all times. Then there's a hot that's only hot when the ignition is on. Then when the ignition is on there is a hot coming from the relay feeding the inertia switch. Then from the inertia switch there is a hot to the pump. Start from the beginning and work your way back. Of course there isn't anyway to keep the pump with a constant 12v if the car isn't running. So you will need someone else to keep turning the key on while you test each point. I'm not sure on this car but is there anyway that u crossed the feed and return line? Cuz that would keep the pump froze and no fuel flow. I'm just trying to think of what happened between you installing headgaskets

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

94OnDuces
¯
Member # 9555

quote:
Originally posted by 93sspCOUPE:
Best thing to do is start at the begining of a circuit. First there's a constant hot that goes to one side of the relay hot at all times. Then there's a hot that's only hot when the ignition is on. Then when the ignition is on there is a hot coming from the relay feeding the inertia switch. Then from the inertia switch there is a hot to the pump. Start from the beginning and work your way back. Of course there isn't anyway to keep the pump with a constant 12v if the car isn't running. So you will need someone else to keep turning the key on while you test each point. I'm not sure on this car but is there anyway that u crossed the feed and return line? Cuz that would keep the pump froze and no fuel flow. I'm just trying to think of what happened between you installing headgaskets

i never had to disconnect any fuel lines during the gasket swap. and to be honest this isnt my first headgasket swap and ive done most on94-95s and havent had a problem untill now. but all i know is now if jump from the obd1 the pump primes and i can get fuel too the rail now that ive replaced the pump. btw today ive replaced the inertia switch as well and have the same results [Frown]

--------------------
94 DROP GT

OneFastHatch.
¯
Member # 9537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneFastHatch.  Ford pictures for OneFastHatch.  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had this problem with my foxbody. i swapped computers.and it worked. check the pressure your getting in the lines after jumping the car. you might need to get some gas to do this [Razz]

--------------------
1991 fobra (slow)

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sure you've already done this, but everything you disconnected, everything you took off to do the head gaskets, go back and look at every electrical connector and anything that you tampered with. If you can prime the pump by jumping it manually, then it is more than likely something simple and something that you're overlooking.. where do you stay at? Maybe I can give you an extra set of eyes to be of assistance

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
94OnDuces
¯
Member # 9555

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:
I'm sure you've already done this, but everything you disconnected, everything you took off to do the head gaskets, go back and look at every electrical connector and anything that you tampered with. If you can prime the pump by jumping it manually, then it is more than likely something simple and something that you're overlooking.. where do you stay at? Maybe I can give you an extra set of eyes to be of assistance

thanks man pm sent

--------------------
94 DROP GT

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com