Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 347 stroker

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 347 stroker
Billy Bob
¯
Member # 9412

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy Bob  Ford pictures for Billy Bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a stock motor and I plan on doing a rebuild plus putting a 347 stroker kit on there. What is everything I need besides the kit to get it all up ready?
Here's the parts I have
Gt40 heads- plan on porting
Cobra upper/lower- plan on porting
Cold air intake
Long tube headers
70mm throttle body
24 lb injectors
F cam

--------------------
JACK SWAG

Posts: 293 | From: Your chicks house | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No need to spend the money on the kit and machine work..with what you have a 306 will be better ..with that hci setup you wont benefit much going 347
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BITER!!!

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
24lb injectors are 2 small for a 347 30lb or higher wud recomend a diffrent head and intake wont let the 347 breathe the way its suppose 2

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a 347 is a diff ballgame roo..lol you would be wasting time using those parts on it...

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Billy Bob
¯
Member # 9412

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy Bob  Ford pictures for Billy Bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What type of heads would be good to go with that and intake?

--------------------
JACK SWAG

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shit dude..it gets deeper than heads and intake..your fuel system,transmission will need to be beefy if you want it to last with the 347.

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have 306 part's so use them on a 306! Do You have a good running 306 now? I would throw a S-trim on there and call it a day. Supercharged 306 "with the head's & intake You already have" will make WAY more power than a 347 with those head's and intake.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Billy Bob
¯
Member # 9412

What's an S-trim?

--------------------
JACK SWAG

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ROO:
What's an S-trim?

Lol I don't know if you serious or not but Vortech s trim is a super charger [Wink]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
What's an S-trim?

Entry level supercharger from vortec also sc trim is good. Go to www.corral.net and do some research in the tech and supercharged section's before You start buying any part's, You need to understand all the component's and $ that it takes to put together a combo that is woth a crap. Then decide if You want to try and tackle the install of all the part's You purchase or just find a car that someone else has put their time and effort into. If You don't have tool's and or friend's who work on car's then just go out and buy Yourself something that is already put together because coming up with the money to buy all the part's is hard enough, but when You start paying shop's to install them it is BIG MONEY!!

--------------------

Fake Moderator
Member # 6395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moderator  Ford pictures for Moderator    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Loooove gt 40s.before my termi I had a set of ported gt40s On my 86 .id do it

--------------------
I'm forddude510/86gt pretending to be a moderator. At first I thought it would be funny to change my name and act like a mod. Now the real mods have caught on and locked in this signature so I can't change it. I probably don't think it's funny anymore, but I like their sense of humor!

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 707notchback jaejae:
a 347 is a diff ballgame roo..lol you would be wasting time using those parts on it...

Agreed Jae Jae.

Roo, if you're going 347 then I suggest going with some AFR, Trickflow, or even some Edelbrock Performer heads. GT40s will work, but will definately NOT show the engine's full potential.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Billy Bob
¯
Member # 9412

Ok. I'm just trying to reach 300 hp

--------------------
JACK SWAG

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That'll be easy to reach 300hp with a 347. But why spend the money on a 347 when you can reach 300hp on a stock shortblock when the right H/C/I setup?

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why do u need 300hp? is it for bragging rights?

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
510cpskid
¯
Member # 8277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510cpskid  Ford pictures for 510cpskid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 707notchback jaejae:

aint that the truth [burnout]

--------------------
old set up
92 coupe 100 wet nx 410's mickey t's
new set up
?

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your shortblock is in need of a rebuild, I say do the 347 build. Those kits are pretty cheap around $900. Use the other parts you have, you can always upgrade those parts later on if you want more power. [patriot]
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

put it like this roo. your gonna spend atleast a grand in the rotating assembly..then you have to get a block machined and cleared for the kit..which will cost another few hundred..so say 1300-1500 and thats the shortblock takin care of..then someone has to put it together..300-700 who knows..so around 2 grand and you still have to buy heads,cam,intake,injectors,clutch,you could run a t5 but who knows how long that will last with the 347...and i nice exhaust system..2 1/4 piping just wont cut it..and dude 300hp is very achievable on a 302 with stock compression...afr 165s custom cam with a edelbrock intake or ported cobra..bam 300hp

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

Billy Bob
¯
Member # 9412

I have no reason to get 300 I just want it and if I was to port gt40s and cobra intake along with the other stuff like cam injectors etc that will get me to 300?

--------------------
JACK SWAG

Fake Moderator
Member # 6395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moderator  Ford pictures for Moderator    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gt40s is all u need...they are the best huh jae jae

--------------------
I'm forddude510/86gt pretending to be a moderator. At first I thought it would be funny to change my name and act like a mod. Now the real mods have caught on and locked in this signature so I can't change it. I probably don't think it's funny anymore, but I like their sense of humor!

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

quote:
Originally posted by Moderator:
Gt40s is all u need...they are the best huh jae jae

no not the best just i a choice i went with and got lucky i guess..other than that f*ck gt40 irons [dance]

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

Billy Bob
¯
Member # 9412

So what are some good heads to run with?

--------------------
JACK SWAG

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh yea jae,take em off n chuck em sumwhere!!lol. im fuckin wit u jj yungshirt!!

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
I have no reason to get 300 I just want it and if I was to port gt40s and cobra intake along with the other stuff like cam injectors etc that will get me to 300?

With the rite person doing the work and a tune You could get there imo.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com