Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Question for the Chevy guys

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for the Chevy guys
CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraChick  Ford pictures for CobraChick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know there is some Chevy guys on this forum so I want to know a good place to take my 87 Iroc to get some wiring work done. Or if you know any side jobbers that would like to do some wiring on a 87 Iroc Z28 LMK.

Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
Behind ever successful person is a pack of haters.

CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraChick  Ford pictures for CobraChick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I meant to post in Tech Section.... if someone wants to move the thread over there [patriot] or not lol

--------------------

Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pick n pull

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats the matter with the wiring?

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Vndcatr:
Pick n pull

Thats the first thing that I thought when I read her post.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89Rodknocker:

+1

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
rats most likly
CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

quote:
Originally posted by 89Rodknocker:

Had someone come out to check the fuel pump and it's not getting any power so they said i need to check my wiring.

--------------------

CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
rats most likly

The car has been sitting for almost 10 years so thats what im afraid it probably is [Frown]

--------------------

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check fuses and relays first

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93sspCOUPE:
check fuses and relays first

^^^ this
CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

The guy that looked at it in the first place checked all that and fuses and relays are fine

--------------------

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

if a rat got to the wiring i garantee theres more shit that isnt gonna work not just the fuel pump. if he checked the relay and is qualified to check the relay he can check the wiring aswell. a relay isnt like a fuse when you can see its burnt out you have to use a tester to test voltage output from the relay to the pump. there will be a constant 12v to relay from batt+ a switched 12v from acc a ground and a 12v from relay to fuel pump put a tester on it its the best way. if you have 12v coming out of the relay its a bad pump if not bad relay
CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

quote:
Originally posted by 93sspCOUPE:
if a rat got to the wiring i garantee theres more shit that isnt gonna work not just the fuel pump. if he checked the relay and is qualified to check the relay he can check the wiring aswell. a relay isnt like a fuse when you can see its burnt out you have to use a tester to test voltage output from the relay to the pump. there will be a constant 12v to relay from batt+ a switched 12v from acc a ground and a 12v from relay to fuel pump put a tester on it its the best way. if you have 12v coming out of the relay its a bad pump if not bad relay

He checked the relays and all that with a tester. The fuel pump was brand new but now it is destroyed because of something with the wiring (i was at work when he looked at the car so i dont know exact details) I just want to pay someone to come look/fit it! lol im so tired of this car.....

--------------------

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

well in that case before you tear up the car looking for fualty wiring i would power the pump straight off a batt and see if it works to rule out the possibility of a bad pump

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

CobraChick
¯
Member # 9885

The guy said the pump is bad now cause some how it got damaged and he said if we hook up another pump it will get damaged like the last one

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com