Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Good radiator

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Good radiator
331 coupe
¯
Member # 8396

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 331 coupe  Ford pictures for 331 coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im looking for a radiator and im having a hard time picking one. Im looking on input on who has the best radiator for my 1988 coupe. So far i have taken a look at summit radiators part numbers 38044 that does not come with the tranny coolers which i will not be needing because i run a manual car. The other is the 380451 which has the built in tranny cooler but is slightly larger than the other measuring a core height of 17.50in and a width of 25.00in. Another radiator that i have looked at was from a company called Alumrad cheap radiator only 189.00. The final radiator is Mishimoto. This radiator is going on a charged 331 coupe so any input will be helpful i want to buy the right radiator the first time.
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a plastic-tank Ford Racing radiator and it works well for the price. Since I bought it, (about 8 years ago) the market has gotten flooded with offshore brands, but be careful with cheap prices, as fitment and function often suffer as a result. Ron Davis radiators...FTW. That will be coming soon. But for now, the FR radiator is a great aluminum replacement.
415LX
Member # 10270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 415LX  Ford pictures for 415LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just picked up the Mishimoto from LRS. Was a little skeptical at first due to off brand. Only one minor issue is the drivers side tank is bigger than stock so I had to move some wiring out of the way for the radiator cap to clear. Other than that it bolted right in and runs cool.
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The summit radiators are good
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
absolutely no problems with my Fluidyne...get what you pay for.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com