Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Adjustable rockers symptoms

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Adjustable rockers symptoms
Maxoctane
¯
Member # 1466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxoctane  Ford pictures for Maxoctane  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm workin on a boat with a chevy 350 that has adjustable comp cams roller rockers & roller lifters. How do I know if they're adjusted too tight? Will the engine still crank and fire?
I was told to lash them down till the pushrod doesn't spin then 3/4 to 1 full turn more.
All replies appreciated

--------------------
www.maxcarauto.com
BUY/SELL/TRADE/FINANCE

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If there hydraulic roller liffters then yes if there solid roller litters then no you need feeler guages. Most of the time that's just a base to start with hydrualic litters need to be adjusted correctly with the engine running it's messy but it's the best way

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Maxoctane
¯
Member # 1466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxoctane  Ford pictures for Maxoctane  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Turned out it had a collapsed lifter. So I replaced the lifters and adjusted the rockers to Comp Cams specs. Which is;
With the lifter on the base circle tighten down till you can feel drag as you turn the pushrod. Then 1/2 turn more.
Prob solved.

[ September 03, 2010, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Maxoctane ]

--------------------
www.maxcarauto.com
BUY/SELL/TRADE/FINANCE

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com