Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » how to make 380-400rwhp with351

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: how to make 380-400rwhp with351
fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fam_lace  Ford pictures for fam_lace    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 92 mustang coupe i put a 351w wit 9.8.1 compression,tfs 351 intake,xcam(needs to go)1.6 rockers,rhs heads 64cc chamber215cc runners75mm throttle body 76mm mass air 30lb injectors bbk shortys aluminum fly wheel pullies no ac no smog pump im tryin for 380-400 to the wheels i know i need more but what

[ August 17, 2010, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: fam_lace ]

--------------------
rip matt i love u cuz
351w h/c/I street car

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Which TFS intake?

And step up to 36's...you'll probably need it.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fam_lace  Ford pictures for fam_lace    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Trick flow 351w r intake

--------------------
rip matt i love u cuz
351w h/c/I street car

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmmm.... with all that air to breathe in I'm think'n a 4.100 inch stroker crank.....418 , hmmmmmm what a combo !!!!!!!!!
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shouldnt be hard with the combo you have with a few tweeks. The cam isnt bad, however with todays technolgy I would go with a custom one to suit your combo's needs hyd roller, or solid roller. Obviously smog isnt a concern so I also would suggest to step up to a Longtube Header and If you havent already a larger exhaust system. Lastly Ive never been a fan of TFS intakes and have had great luck with the Edelbrock line. With the combo you have id go with the Victor EFI 5.8 Upper/Lower
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

Ok the goal was to make 380-400 to the wheels with a non stroked 351w i talked to comp and was think bout the comp xe282 cam and going with some long tubes from bbk also getting an aluminium drive shaft with the rest of my parts i was told 380 shouldnt be a problem with a nice tune wat yall think i only wanted to be build a 11.50s car but i didnt wanna have to go full drag to get in those numbers i plan puting my ac back on too its to damn hot

--------------------
rip matt i love u cuz
351w h/c/I street car

fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Which TFS intake?

And step up to 36's...you'll probably need it.

Good lookin i thought my injector my be a lil small

--------------------
rip matt i love u cuz
351w h/c/I street car

fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

quote:
Originally posted by fam_lace:
i have a 92 mustang coupe i put a 351w wit 9.8.1 compression,tfs 351 intake,xcam(needs to go)1.6 rockers,rhs heads 64cc chamber215cc runners75mm throttle body 76mm mass air 30lb injectors bbk shortys aluminum fly wheel pullies no ac no smog pump im tryin for 380-400 to the wheels i know i need more but what

should this set up get me 350-360 to the wheels

--------------------
rip matt i love u cuz
351w h/c/I street car

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you should get that at least to the rear. I want to build a similar combo to yours, but I am using a smaller head and would expect to see the same.

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

i went to a tune shop in hayward the guy told me wit the cam im going wit i should meet my goal easy im going to post the numbers when i get the tune done

--------------------
rip matt i love u cuz
351w h/c/I street car

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please do. I will be curious cause I already am running a 351, I'm just trying to figure out what to upgrade to. Check my post new post out and send you suggestion please.

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by T-TopTerror:
Please do. I will be curious cause I already am running a 351, I'm just trying to figure out what to upgrade to. Check my post new post out and send you suggestion please.

+1

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
find an O.G. to port those heads and upper/lower intakes and t.b.and throw in a compcams extreme energy cam with alot of lift... that and a good 3 inch exhaust and i think u can get pretty close to 380
Fake Moderator
Member # 6395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moderator  Ford pictures for Moderator    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gt40s ported did the job for me .easy

--------------------
I'm forddude510/86gt pretending to be a moderator. At first I thought it would be funny to change my name and act like a mod. Now the real mods have caught on and locked in this signature so I can't change it. I probably don't think it's funny anymore, but I like their sense of humor!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com