Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » new combo may be looking at new gears???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: new combo may be looking at new gears???
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so im ion the process of finishing my hci combo inmy sig..already have 3.73s and i know when i finish this im gonna like them even more but i wanna know if ill like 4.10s more..will it be worth it? or keep the 3.73's..how bout 3.90's?..i dont want input from modular guys so luke stay outta this..haha [Embarrassed] ..jk

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
89 306
¯
Member # 9042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 306  Ford pictures for 89 306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say stick wit 373s. 410s are gana max u out to quik and it also depends on what kinda driving... 373s for street/highway. Or 410s for the track

--------------------
02 mustang gt...mods soon to come!

89 lx: 306. edelbrock. heads..ported gt 40 manifolds..and all that other good stuff.

------------------
The ant-ghetto sign is no joke. Degrade this forum with ghetto behavior and get the boot. Ghetto behavior such as street slang, no regard for education (spelling & grammar) and threatening others with violence has no place on CAFords.com. Please find another forum to demonstrate such behavior.

281 SMKN
¯
Member # 9269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 281 SMKN  Ford pictures for 281 SMKN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep the 373s
Posts: 264 | From: San Francisco,CA/Chapala,Jalisco | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haha, I have 4.30s because my car winds out to 7k and lacks low end torque compared to a 5.0

With your "sissy" HCI combo, absolutely stick with 3.73s as you are not moving the power band up by the much. [Razz]

3.73s are a great street gear for a mild HCI like yours.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
373s! and if you get some more power or some more low end might even get 355s. you dont need gears to help u spin it up anymore.
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Haha, I have 4.30s because my car winds out to 7k and lacks low end torque compared to a 5.0

With your "sissy" HCI combo, absolutely stick with 3.73s as you are not moving the power band up by the much. [Razz]

3.73s are a great street gear for a mild HCI like yours.

sissy hci combo huh..it may or may not..havent dynoed it yet..or finished it.. [burnout]

[ August 10, 2010, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: jaejae ]

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F it. Swap out the 3.73's for 5.13's and throw a 300 shot on it. [patriot]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHORTSHIFTER89  Ford pictures for SHORTSHIFTER89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
410's and a blower boss.

--------------------
1989 Mustang 5.0 HCI NOW SUPERCHARGED
2013 Range Rover Sport
2011 Bmw 5501 twin turbo 530HP
1998 silverado c1500 cheyenne

Posts: 923 | From: 707 hillside | Registered: Jul 2007  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would have t agree with sticking with the 3.73s. 4.10s are a bit much for a street car that will prob wind out out 5700-6000 rpm honestly. But if u get it on a dyno and it pulls some freak miracle with the rpm and you don't drive on the street much gear the hell out of it.
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

quote:
Originally posted by LILstock3valve:
I would have t agree with sticking with the 3.73s. 4.10s are a bit much for a street car that will prob wind out out 5700-6000 rpm honestly. But if u get it on a dyno and it pulls some freak miracle with the rpm and you don't drive on the street much gear the hell out of it.

lol im hoping it will pull some freak hp an tq numbers..but my hopes arent up..jus want it to run good.nice choppy idle..and take down a few of my friends cars with other hci combos

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Save the money as a move to 410's won't make a huge dfference anyway "maybe a couple tenth's" so some drag radial's would be a better move. I see You have nitrous on Your sig are You still running it? I have an auto so can' really compare to Your situation but I have 373's and started running out of gear when I put the blower on so I put some taller tires on & problem solved so there is a possibilities to make adjustments with tire size also "just a thought".. If You are leaving the nitrous on then 373s will be perfect IMO, but unti You go to the track it's just a guessing game. Sorry if I rambled on [Embarrassed] . Definately run at the track before You make any decesion's!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
Save the money as a move to 410's won't make a huge dfference anyway "maybe a couple tenth's" so some drag radial's would be a better move. I see You have nitrous on Your sig are You still running it? I have an auto so can' really compare to Your situation but I have 373's and started running out of gear when I put the blower on so I put some taller tires on & problem solved so there is a possibilities to make adjustments with tire size also "just a thought".. If You are leaving the nitrous on then 373s will be perfect IMO, but unti You go to the track it's just a guessing game. Sorry if I rambled on [Embarrassed] . Definately run at the track before You make any decesion's!

the 150 will be added in 2 months..but as for now its jus motor..ill prolly jus stick with the 3.73's...thanks everyone i appreciate all input [patriot]

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com