Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » borg warner t5 tranny help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: borg warner t5 tranny help
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had bought this t5 from ryno trannsmission in texas for 900 bucks i had issues with it from day one with it not going into first gear unless i pop it in second or third then it will go into first. so now i swap out the motor and tranny into another stang. alls i did was put a new clutch fork and a clutch cable in it. the car had a qaudrant in it. so now its even worst 1 2 3 get stuck like at a stop but when iam rolling no issues what can that be bad syncroes need help asap please. its my daily driver....... would the throw out bearing be going bad or did i put it in the wrong spot... should it be in front of the fork or behind the fork.

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i almost for got to mention that if i do get it into first and iam rolling the harder i gas it to go the harder it is to get it into 2 gear the softer iam on the gas pedal the easier it is in a way.

--------------------

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kind of tranny fluid are you running? And when you are able to get it into gear, how high off the floor does the clutch start to engage?
Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

i got atf in there the clutch engages about half inch to in inch with the pedal clutch is good

--------------------

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make sure you have Dex/Merc ATF in there...such as Dexron III, IV or V. I have heard of people using the wrong ATF such as "Type F" ATF or whatnot. And your clutch seems to be grabbing too soon which more than likely is the reason why you're having that problem. Adjust the clutch to where it grabs near halfway off the floor.

[ August 10, 2010, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: 1HaTCheD5LiTEr ]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

ok might have wrong fluid now my clutch i dont think i have a adjustable clutch cable i do have a aluminum quadrent under the dash. no fire wall adjuster so do i have do get one of those then..... or is there another way of ajusting it.... now the throw out bearing whats the correct way of that being in there.

--------------------

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Sounds like your cable can possibly be stretching out. Is your clutch really stiff?

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

feels a whole lot better now with a adjstable clutch cable thanks bro.

--------------------

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what's the update on the stang mosky...how u feelin the brakes?did that cable help that first gear?also I pm'd dude on here your number for ur brothers springs, sol wants u to talk to him ...for a bill..let me know

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Glad I could help man. Are all of your tranny issues solved now that you got a new cable?

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com