Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » need help with codes on a fox

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need help with codes on a fox
GT302PONY
¯
Member # 6658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GT302PONY  Ford pictures for GT302PONY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i put my 1990 ford mustang gt on a scanner and it gave me code 15 44 33 and i ran a cylinder check to and it said to check cylinder 2and 1 where d i go to get info on the codes thanks
GT302PONY
¯
Member # 6658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GT302PONY  Ford pictures for GT302PONY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ttt
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
EEC-IV Self-Test Codes (Diagnostic Trouble Codes)
http://www.my5oh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=919

EEC-IV Codes Troubleshooting Database
http://www.my5oh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1326

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Code #15-EEC battery powered keep alive memory (KAM) test failed...

Code #33-EGR valve opening not detected...

Code #44-Thermactor air injection system inoperative...(Right Side)....

Hopefully this will help you out.... [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
GT302PONY
¯
Member # 6658

code 33 does that mean i need a new egr valve and code 44 is it a problem with the injectors
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GT302PONY:
code 33 does that mean i need a new egr valve and code 44 is it a problem with the injectors

I would recommend a new egr valve and also the thermactor pipe is the pipe that goes from one head to the other...Its probably clogged with carbon...LMK

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for 33 you should clean the EGR and test again, 44 I wouldn't worry about.

I had a 33 on my `91 and replacing the EGR didn't fix it, the EVR was the problem, the EVR is the sensor on the passenger side strut tower, the top of the 2 mounted there, it controls the vacuum signal sent to the EGR telling it to open up.

44 means the tubes are probably clogged up, but again not really a worry as it doesn't effect the CEL and it won't really cause a failed sniffer test.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SPECIALTY15***MM PERFORMANCE***
¯
Member # 2978

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPECIALTY15***MM PERFORMANCE***  Ford pictures for SPECIALTY15***MM PERFORMANCE***    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
44 will not set a light only continus memory most foxs have that code due to the tube or heads being glogged with carbon most likely cause the egr aint opening u should test for vacum to it before you go buying new parts hook a vacum guage to the vacume line and run it out side of the hood near windsheild i normaly put it under the wiper.. shut hood and drive vacume should be present under load...if so then change vavle if not trace vacume line down to switch on strut tower and back up to intake if good replace vacume switch

--------------------
MM PERFORMANCE
916-993-9581

Posts: 861 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
GT302PONY
¯
Member # 6658

I also checked it with scanner and ran a test that checks the balance in the cylinders and it told me to check cylinder 1 and 2

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com