Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » car shaking bad

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: car shaking bad
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i have a pathfinder and it has new shocks and struts, just got aligned. for some reason when letting off the gas it just wants to shake and wonder all over. any idea guys on wher ei should look. i did a quick little inspection of upper and lower control arms etc. i also took it to a shop when driving it fro cali to wa and the rear tire was seperating on the inner side {rr tire}

any ideas on wher ei should start looking

its a pathfinder by the way

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check tire pressure. Check Tie rod ends. Take the car back to the alignment shop...they obviously didn't do an inspection prior to their work.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i did some searching and the 96-98 pathfinders have a recall for the upper and lower controll arms in the rear. the bushing go bad. thanks for the input

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com