Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Camshaft

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Camshaft
FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im changing my cam in the 88 (e303)..my friend is selling me a x303 cam for a good deal. how would i know if the cam would have enough clearance? im trying to figure it out and keep getting different answer from many people. aftermarket headz and block. dont have the specs with me rite now but any help or clarifications would help. thankz

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
x cam may be overkill foryour combo

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A X CAM DOES FIT ON A STOCK 5.0 BUT IT IS OVER KILL AND U WILL LOOSE POWER TRUST ME I DID IT ON MY FIRST 5.0

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Need more info on your combo to answer that question
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this motor im thinking of getting has Edelbrock performer Alum heads and the block is a 347 ford racing shortblock.
the cam ceased up and is getting new cam bearings and had E303 cam but thinking of getting a different cam. so will the x303 cam be too much for it or what other cam would you guyz recommend. thankz for any input

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
X cam FTW

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

would it be a big difference? having secondz thoughtz now...losing power is never good.

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best thing to do would be talking with a custom cam maker "I think steakmatt used FTI" and they will set You up with a cam that will maximize Your combo. So many different factors go into picking a cam that 99% of Us are just guesssing & might as well write a bunch of cam specss on pieces of paper and draw from a hat. It would be the best 300-400 buck's You could spend on Your car! Can't wait to build an aftermarket blocked stroker and throw a custom cam in it Myself FTMFW!!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
Best thing to do would be talking with a custom cam maker "I think steakmatt used FTI" and they will set You up with a cam that will maximize Your combo. So many different factors go into picking a cam that 99% of Us are just guesssing & might as well write a bunch of cam specss on pieces of paper and draw from a hat. It would be the best 300-400 buck's You could spend on Your car! Can't wait to build an aftermarket blocked stroker and throw a custom cam in it Myself FTMFW!!

yeah and thatz the thing i wanna do now now since i can change the cam easy with the motor being out the car. dont want to be later down the line to change cam...dont like doing double work. do you know where or who on here i can talk to? thankz bro

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Going with a custom you will have to consider upgrading your valvetrain unless u decide to go with a cam that your heads valve springs can handle...and I think 575lift is your max on the eddys....so 560 max probably...start writing your scenarios down...and see how much u want to spend

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
32VSTANG
¯
Member # 9803

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 32VSTANG  Ford pictures for 32VSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea get off da alphabet cams [Smile] brooooooo. Haha
FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

quote:
Originally posted by 2TONE:
Going with a custom you will have to consider upgrading your valvetrain unless u decide to go with a cam that your heads valve springs can handle...and I think 575lift is your max on the eddys....so 560 max probably...start writing your scenarios down...and see how much u want to spend

yea i was checking the specz online. but i guess talking to the right person and with their experience it shouldnt be a problem wit the specz. but itz a 1 time thing i need to take care of.

quote:
Originally posted by gohardgohome:
Yea get off da alphabet cams [Smile] brooooooo. Haha

yea im tryin to bro...im done wit school so dont need my ABCz now. need the good stuff now

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com