Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Car Turns over and Starts But dies instantly

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Car Turns over and Starts But dies instantly
86redGT
¯
Member # 6961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86redGT  Ford pictures for 86redGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So basically i can turn the car over, it will fire up but will not idle. It dies instantly whether or not i give it gas. Has half a tank of gas, and fuel pressure is reading 40psi at the injectors, so I have come to the conclusion that it must be something to do with the ECU, or the IAC. Anyone else have any thoughts to what i could be?

The plugs are new within 5000 miles, air filter is new and unclogged everything else seems to be good on it.

[ August 04, 2010, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: 86redGT ]

--------------------
2003 Mustang Cobra
2016 Fiesta ST

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check vacuum lines and also the blades on your throttle body to see if they're getting stuck closed. IAC would be a good thing to check also.

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
listen for the fuel pump. If it never stops trying to prime it's the ecu. Same thing happened to me.

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ignition modual on the side of the dizzy if its a fox

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SPECIALTY15***MM PERFORMANCE***
¯
Member # 2978

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPECIALTY15***MM PERFORMANCE***  Ford pictures for SPECIALTY15***MM PERFORMANCE***    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
try turning the key on and start it from the cylnoid probly have bad ignitin switch if it still does it than like 50 said try module if that doesnt fix it than you need to take it in to get diagnosed

--------------------
MM PERFORMANCE
916-993-9581

Posts: 861 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like maybe your ignition switch isnt working properly.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com