Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » T-5 transmission problem

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: T-5 transmission problem
85CHP510
¯
Member # 9690

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85CHP510  Ford pictures for 85CHP510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok so i have a borg warner t-5. The other day i was on the freeway and when iwas getting off i noticed that when i tried to shift, it wouldnt shift to 5th. when iwent to the gas station, i couldnt even go in reverse! my clutch pedal feels right, no problem or hesitation shifting 1st thru 4th....i was messing around with the shifter, wiggling it left, right, up down and i had finnaly got it to go in reverse, but after that it just wouldnt go anymore....i thought it might have been my shifter (pro 5.0) but when i took it off, i put a screw driver where the lil shaft from the shifter goes into the transmission, and shifted, and did it myself. not sure if its reverse or 4th but reverse wont go in....anyone had this problem or similar?
510Notch
¯
Member # 9353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510Notch  Ford pictures for 510Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 85CHP510:
Ok so i have a borg warner t-5. The other day i was on the freeway and when iwas getting off i noticed that when i tried to shift, it wouldnt shift to 5th. when iwent to the gas station, i couldnt even go in reverse! my clutch pedal feels right, no problem or hesitation shifting 1st thru 4th....i was messing around with the shifter, wiggling it left, right, up down and i had finnaly got it to go in reverse, but after that it just wouldnt go anymore....i thought it might have been my shifter (pro 5.0) but when i took it off, i put a screw driver where the lil shaft from the shifter goes into the transmission, and shifted, and did it myself. not sure if its reverse or 4th but reverse wont go in....anyone had this problem or similar?

I had a problem similar to what your saying except it was my 3rd gear that I could not shift into. it felt like there was no 3rd, like a wall blocking it from shifting into 3rd. i had totaly rebuilt by someone on this site, cant remember his screen name, i think it was 68mustang or something like that. he posts on here every now and then.

edit - his screen name is 68stanger

[ July 30, 2010, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: CaliCoupe ]

gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i told ya [Wink]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com