Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » noise coming from the back of 94 gt & now abs lite is on

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: noise coming from the back of 94 gt & now abs lite is on
Dsz06
¯
Member # 9580

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dsz06  Ford pictures for Dsz06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a noise coming from the back of my 94 i just changed shock and struts and brake and rotors and noise is still there but i have no sway bar what could it be i need help lol..one of my boys said it a sinkrooll but my other boys tell me no such thing on the stang.. Now the abs lite on can it b a wheel hub that cause lite 2 come on???

[ July 31, 2010, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: 94 BLK 5.0 ]

--------------------
94BLK5.0

Posts: 589 | From: SaN FRANCISCO/Foster City | Registered: Nov 2009  |  :
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kinda noise how often do you hear it and can try to listen were its coming from

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94 BLK 5.0:
i have a noise coming from the back of my 94 i just changed shock and struts and brake and rotors and noise is still there

Did the caliper brackets still float on the pins just fine? Pretty typical for them to seize up; the result being the pads dragging on the rotors.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Dsz06
¯
Member # 9580

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dsz06  Ford pictures for Dsz06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like a rattling & it happends when I'm driving but you here it more when some1 is in the back you hear hella it not the brake tho or rotors at least I think

--------------------
94BLK5.0

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could be the mufflers or exhaust pipes banging around, or it could be a midget trying to get out of the trunk, you haven't really described it.

jack the car up and start banging stuff around, open the trunk and make sure there's no midget inside, jump up and down in the trunk and watch the shocks to make sure they're tight, etc...

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
bigstangs
¯
Member # 7920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstangs  Ford pictures for bigstangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check your drive shaft your parking brake bracket might be hitting it
Dsz06
¯
Member # 9580

YEA E BRAKES NOT TOUCHING DRIVE SHAFT NO FUCKING MIDGET LOL AND IT JUST IS A LITTLE RATTLE BUT IT GET ANNYOING IT's not effecting how it runs so it's not the rear shocks are tight doubled check & it did this 4 I did the rotors & brakes still can't figure this shit out [Confused]

--------------------
94BLK5.0

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
rattle is usually exhaust, jack it up and move the pipes around see where it's hitting.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Dsz06
¯
Member # 9580

I rattle my exuast & nothing hangers on it said like it coming from the back right on the passanger side anybody in sf area want 2 look 4 me

--------------------
94BLK5.0

Dsz06
¯
Member # 9580

abs anti lock lite is on now

--------------------
94BLK5.0

CAStang
¯
Member # 9568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CAStang  Ford pictures for CAStang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a similar problem with my BMW. It turned out to be rattling brake pads for me. I don't know about mustangs, but for the BMW all I did was open up the anti rattle clip on the pads and problem solved.
Posts: 351 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Nov 2009  |  :
Dsz06
¯
Member # 9580

i wonder if its the wheelhub or the bearing mayb any1 else mite now??

--------------------
94BLK5.0

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like you have a wheel bearing going out an that's why the abs light is coming on
94OnDuces
¯
Member # 9555

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94OnDuces  Ford pictures for 94OnDuces    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you fix that broken abs ring thats on the right rear of the car cuz that was the original problem before?

--------------------
94 DROP GT
"Burn Rubber Not Your Soul"

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94onduces:
did you fix that broken abs ring thats on the right rear of the car cuz that was the original problem before?

there stuff already broken on the car
Dsz06
¯
Member # 9580

No nothing on the car is broken the ring is good me and my boy took the wheel off nothin wrong or loose then we took it to a shop and its a bearing sometimes u just have to take ur car 2 the shop"94 on duces" u told me u thought it was a synchro??

--------------------
94BLK5.0

84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94 BLK 5.0:
No nothing on the car is broken the ring is good me and my boy took the wheel off nothin wrong or loose then we took it to a shop and its a bearing sometimes u just have to take ur car 2 the shop"94 on duces" u told me u thought it was a synchro??

Lol did he say syncro in the rear end?

[ August 01, 2010, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: 84SVOrick ]

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
Dsz06
¯
Member # 9580

YEA BRA AINT THAT WAT IT IS IONO BRA WAT is called then??

--------------------
94BLK5.0

84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive only known syncros to be in either in transfer cases or a transmission.

But a rearend??? Gotta question ur knowledge on cars now lol.

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
Dsz06
¯
Member # 9580

WILL SOME1 told me that it was called that lol

--------------------
94BLK5.0

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com