Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Radiator & Dual Fans.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Radiator & Dual Fans.
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need a aluminum radiator an a dual fan for my 89 GT that is currently overheating...Please reply if you have any of those parts or any ideas to help keep it cool. [burnout]
Posts: 952 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all that stuff isnt going to help if you have an issue. how bad is it overheating? using the stock gauge? check the basics first, pressure test, rad. cap, plugged rad, fan clutch

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL..na adam, the radiator is too small cuz its stock and the engine is tricked out with heads, cam, whole bunch of other part. tremec tranny. The stock fan is gon cuz car has under drive pullys. My electric fan went out and I think I need a better radiator and that should do it. What do you think?? *I wanna go with a dual fan now. [burnout] [burnout]
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my cousin was using a stock rad with black "tragic" flexilite electric fan. he was running 306 H/C/I with boost and all the bolt ons. that set up barely kept him cool in san deigo. still think you might have an issue somewhere else. how bad is it over heating?

--------------------

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

I was running dual v6 contour fans with good results with 3 core rad.

--------------------

SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Overheating is caused by the fact that I have to fan..overheating aint that bad only after a while of cruizen and doggin it that it happens..Should I go with dual or single electric fan.
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the tremic trans is makin it over heat
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Why is that?? What can I do to fix it?? [Frown]
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
trade me for my super clean 84 t5,,, i need to bring the heat up in my car , but you need to lower your temp right?? oh and those alumnium heads are retaining the heat,,,only go for cast iron for maximum coolness. the aluminum also cause detonation
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

NO WAY BRO MY TRANNY IS WORTH WAY MORE..IL FIND ANOTHER SOLUTIUON..
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

i was just playin lmao!! but u got other problems for over heatin, maybe u do have a clogged rad, but if u have a stock good rad and shoud witha good fan, with your combo, u should have no worries
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Lol thanks Duncan.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com