Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » qa1 font suspension 87-93 mustang

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: qa1 font suspension 87-93 mustang
Quik351
¯
Member # 7859

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quik351  Ford pictures for Quik351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im thinking of installing my qa1 front suspension coil-over kit to save money but need instructions on how to do or pics if anyone can i really need help any info works
i have no engine in it right know so its perfect time to assemble the kit
thanks for the help

--------------------
90 notch 89 LX RIP 06 SRT8 RIP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsT5EJ5Cn5A&feature=plcp&context=C3cc2c56UDOEgsToPDskLTBg6us6_2mASrbNBHnQie

Quik351
¯
Member # 7859

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quik351  Ford pictures for Quik351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any help

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsT5EJ5Cn5A&feature=plcp&context=C3cc2c56UDOEgsToPDskLTBg6us6_2mASrbNBHnQie

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it didnt come with a instruction manual?
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is it just the coil overs or is it the whole k member kit?

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.griggsracing.com/pdfFiles/FCO2000.pdf

quick google search, not qa1 but should be the same.

--------------------

Quik351
¯
Member # 7859

the k member kit

[ July 26, 2010, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Quik351 ]

--------------------

Quik351
¯
Member # 7859

anything guys

--------------------

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

your going to have to support the motor and then take all the suspension goodies off, then the k member, then put all the suspension back on. should just bolt up

--------------------

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Quik351:
im thinking of installing my qa1 front suspension coil-over kit to save money but need instructions on how to do or pics if anyone can i really need help any info works
i have no engine in it right know so its perfect time to assemble the kit
thanks for the help

easy money just unbolt the old shit and bolt in the new shit. You doing the whole k member or just the coil over kit?

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

Quik351
¯
Member # 7859

the whole k member kit but what i dont get is where goes all the washers, it came with alot and also i have no engine so it should be easy.
this is what i bought
https://www.mustangguys.com/store/79-89-Mustang-K-Member--Front-Suspension-Package-OSCARItem_227=50-MU1HR.aspx

[ July 26, 2010, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Quik351 ]

--------------------

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the picture on that site shows you what goes where really.
The washer should fit snug around the bolt .

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
lilowhit
¯
Member # 8306

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilowhit  Ford pictures for lilowhit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just finished doing my gr-40 and really it is just that easy. Get the car at least 18 inches off the ground. It is as basic as the other guys said but here is a good tip if doing your K-member, plumb it first meaning hang the plumb bobs first and take measurements that way you will have reference pts as to what square is. very important to be square to the chassis when setting up your suspension that way you can get the max out of it. Its funny that guy recommended Griggs because they are merging. So if you called them Im sure they could point you in the right direction. But I called them all (Griggs, Maier, MM). Jack Hidley at Max. Mtrsprts is an excellent source. It really is just that easy though.
91redmustang
¯
Member # 10019

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91redmustang  Ford pictures for 91redmustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did the kit come with regular arms or the adjustable ones that move the wheels back to the stock location?
Quik351
¯
Member # 7859

regular arms

--------------------

whitelx91
¯
Member # 8317

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitelx91  Ford pictures for whitelx91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Speaking of those qa1 c/os ive had mine for a few years and theyve always been real noisy, anybody else had this pblm?

--------------------
SuistangS

Posts: 380 | From: Sacramento Ca. | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
Quik351
¯
Member # 7859

what u mean by noisy and can please post some pics of your kit thanks any help.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com