Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 70mm bbk throttle body for a 91 fox==mass air question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 70mm bbk throttle body for a 91 fox==mass air question
Coyote King
¯
Member # 8065

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coyote King  Ford pictures for Coyote King    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i upgraded my throttle body from a stock size to a 70 mm and the cars rpm drops too low or it revs up to 3500 rpm....does the mass air flow meter have anything to do with it because i havent changed it or replaced it....????

--------------------
91' GT
88' LX
13' Track Pack GT

84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
U gotta set the base timing and tps sensor whicH is located on top of the throttlebody

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
U gotta set the base timing and tps sensor whicH is located on top of the throttlebody

I think you mean base idle reset. no need to mess with the timming

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Adam5.0:
quote:

Wut he said

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam5.0:
quote:

Wut he said
Yup.. if that doesn't work check for a vaccum leak in the intake tubing
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
first off.... are you saying that the tb is a 70 and the meter is stock ?

let me ask you this and im not being a prick.

can you flow more water through 2" straw as opposed to a 1" straw if all of it is drawn through a 5/8" well ?

let me add a bit... a 70mm tb is for 500hp and more cars. otherwise it is overkill.

the stock induction and fuel system on a 5.0 will support 300-325 rwhp, and is not lacking.

when you exceed that you need to compliment the mods.

increasing capability b4 you have exceeded the current limits is doing nothing. that goes for an intake swap on swap heads, mass air, tb etc.

but if you have a driveability problem... my guess is you slowed the velocity down too much. when the goal is to increase it

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com