Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NEED HELP ON X PIPE INSTALL????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NEED HELP ON X PIPE INSTALL????
91blackstallion
¯
Member # 9989

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackstallion  Ford pictures for 91blackstallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LAST NIGHT I PUT IN MY X PIPE I JUST RECENT BOUGHT, SO I BOLTED IN ALL THE BOLTS NICE AND TIGHT BUT WHEN I TURN ON THE CAR I HEARD ALOT OF AIR OVERLAPING LIKE IT DIDNT HAVE NO X PIPE AND ALSO WHEN I REVERSED OUT OF MY DRIVE WAY THE MUFFLERS HIT THE CONCRETE AND IT DIDNT DO THAT BEFORE SO IF ANYBODY CAN GIVE ME A HAND ON HOW TO FIX THIS OR DO I HAVE TO GO A SHOP TO BE FIX THANKS ITS FOR A 1986 MUSTANG COUPE!!!
Posts: 409 | From: in da heavens | Registered: May 2010  |  :
915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have to go back and re tighten all of the connection points on the x pipe untill it stops leaking, you may have to use some kind of space before the nut to get tghat x pipe extra tight to the headers, when I put my x pipe in I used a jack to lift the center of it nice and high then bolted up my mufflers real tight so they wouldn't hang low
91blackstallion
¯
Member # 9989

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackstallion  Ford pictures for 91blackstallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
" you may have to use some kind of space before the nut to get tghat x pipe extra tight to the headers"..........................what do u mean about the xtra space bro????
94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by OH2QUIK:
" you may have to use some kind of space before the nut to get tghat x pipe extra tight to the headers"..........................what do u mean about the xtra space bro????

use the jack to put x pipe all the way up and a couple extra washers on your bolts [Wink]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
91blackstallion
¯
Member # 9989

ok got i thanks so just put washers on the bolts that go to the headers and 2 washers in each side should b fine or had more
90_STANG015
¯
Member # 8990

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90_STANG015  Ford pictures for 90_STANG015    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the mufflers are sagging thats whats causing them to scrape. make sure they are on the exhaust hangers correctly and that they're not at to much of an angle

--------------------
RAIDER NATION

1990 GT (SOLD)
1988 LX DROP (SOLD)
1989 4 cyl Coupe (sold)
1998 SVT COBRA (SOLD)
1992 LX DROP
1994 GT
1995 Impala SS

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com