Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Ford Techs! Steering column Q

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ford Techs! Steering column Q
Maxoctane
¯
Member # 1466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxoctane  Ford pictures for Maxoctane  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This question may be best suited for a Ford tech. I'm working on a 95 F450 SuperDuty and the steering column has some wasted bearings causing the steering wheel and shaft to move around in the column. I told the customer to purchase a used column but customers don;t listen so well and he bought the bearings only. The column is made of pretty soft metal and I have a feeling the bearings wont even seat in there.
Are these bearings pressed on the shaft?
Is this fix more trouble than it's worth? (I really don't wanna rebuild the column, I'd rather replace)
It's a non-tilt column btw (well, it tilts now haha)

--------------------
www.maxcarauto.com
BUY/SELL/TRADE/FINANCE

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pull the colum an i we rebuild for you for 75 bucks it,s hella easy to do
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if the coustomer doesnt mind an extra 2 to 3 hours to break the coloume down , then go for it. personaly i would change the whole coloume
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
if the coustomer doesnt mind an extra 2 to 3 hours to break the coloume down , then go for it. personaly i would change the whole coloume

TAKE LESS THAN A HOUR TO DO
Maxoctane
¯
Member # 1466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxoctane  Ford pictures for Maxoctane  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don;t really wanna do it. Fasthatch do you want a side job? The trucks in concord.

--------------------
www.maxcarauto.com
BUY/SELL/TRADE/FINANCE

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by Maxoctane:
I don;t really wanna do it. Fasthatch do you want a side job? The trucks in concord.

SURE I CAN COME TO YOU
Maxoctane
¯
Member # 1466

call me
925-522-1713

--------------------
www.maxcarauto.com
BUY/SELL/TRADE/FINANCE

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com