Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Still Got bogging on my car!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Still Got bogging on my car!
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So i changed the fuel pump thinking it was that becasue when i first changed it, it started bogging. I got another pump, and still did it. I swaped the igniton coil to see if that helped and nothing. I'm thinking its the dist. Any thoughts?

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does it happen all the time or just when the tank is low on fuel?
I had a problem once when I would go into turns my car would buck like it was running out of fuel.
after replacing a few things It still did it.
Turned out to be the pickup tray inside the gas tank (the shroud that surrounds the fuel pump) broke off the factory tack welds. I replaced the tank and problem was fixed.
the car was a 88lx 5.0. one time a bad vehical speed sensor cause my car to go buck wild too.

I'd run the codes before you replace anything else though [patriot]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you checked your wires? near the boots they could be cracked or a hole and it could be arching or fuel filter just some thoughts had same issues

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Weather the tank is full or empty it still does it. I checked the wires they seem fine. they are a year old i should prolly change them anyways. maybe becasue its a stronger fuel pump it was able to push junk out and pluged the fuel filter??? running out of ideas.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How old are your 02 sensors?

Have you checked your air fuel ratios to see if its a rich or lean bog?

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when the pumps shit out they sometime fall apart and will clog the filter. if you havent already def change the filter.
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
How old are your 02 sensors?

Have you checked your air fuel ratios to see if its a rich or lean bog?

actually the 02 sensor are kinda old. I do not remmember when i replaced them lol. I can try that and the fuel filter.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

1bdpone
¯
Member # 6708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1bdpone  Ford pictures for 1bdpone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Clean the mass air meter
Posts: 182 | From: Tri Valley | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
clean maf
make sure the tfi isnt taking a shit on you
check timing
change cap rotor change plugs
coil wire is on all the way
[patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CHUGGNBREW'Z:
clean maf
make sure the tfi isnt taking a shit on you
check timing
change cap rotor change plugs
coil wire is on all the way
[patriot] [patriot]

.. and check fuel pressure. Do you have any engine codes?
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your roller rockers may not be adjusted right, that was the problem on mine a while back

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com