Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » DELETE PLEASE

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: DELETE PLEASE
ponielx1988
¯
Member # 2116

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponielx1988  Ford pictures for ponielx1988    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2000 mustang.Ok to make a long story short. I was working on my boys car and I ripped up some of the wire through the fire wall. I am going back in there to check if I missed one. Here is what I have checked. I jumped the the brake swith no go. I checked for power on the fused box , no power. So jumped it with a hot wire and the lights came on , with out the brake switch.???? So can some oen explain to me how the brake system works . Im wondering if blew up some module or something. any help would help me . thanx

[ April 19, 2010, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: ponielx1988 ]

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your post is confusing, but using my secret decoder ring...I'm guessing the car doesn't have brake lights/no power to the electrical system?

Which fuse box did you check power at? You need to check power at the ABS module as well.

The brake light switch is on the pedal, make sure it wasn't one of the wires that were damaged.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
ponielx1988
¯
Member # 2116

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponielx1988  Ford pictures for ponielx1988    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok. yes no brake lights. No power under the dash fuse box. Ok. now where and how do i check the abs module for electricity. also is the brake swith a ground?thanx

[ April 19, 2010, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: ponielx1988 ]

ponielx1988
¯
Member # 2116

Ok checked power at the abs fuse block ok, checked the brake switch ok and all wires look ok. Are the brake lights controlled at the ecu? Can someone tell me whene the brake switch closes where the conection is made. Like I said I put a live hot to the brake light fuse and the brake lights came on with out the brake switch. thanx

[ April 19, 2010, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: ponielx1988 ]

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the switch has power, you have a bad ground somewhere. No, it doesn't go through the ECU..

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
ponielx1988
¯
Member # 2116

ok problem solved. I was looking at another post and saw there was another fuse for the stop lamp switch.duhhhh! there you go thanx for your help.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com