Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » turn signals acting up

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: turn signals acting up
¯
Member # 9375

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96232  Ford pictures for 96232    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So my turn signals now light up instead of flash, but the hazzards still flash. Im thinking maby a short after the switch, but before the flasher? Does that sound reasonable, where do I start looking and/or what color wire(s) am I looking for?

thanks

Posts: 118 | From: Pine Grove | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check ur turn signal bulbs one mite be out [patriot]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the hazards and the turn signals have seperate flasher relays (same part # though). try and switch the flasher relays up between the two and see what happens (see if the problem switches up to your hazards.

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

¯
Member # 9375

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96232  Ford pictures for 96232    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will check the bulbs and the flashers. Thanks
¯
Member # 9375

all bulbs work, In the fusebox under the dash there is a spot for a flasher but no flasher in it, the flasher napa sold me is not fitting in there right so I will go back tomorrow and see if I can get the right one.....

BTW the dash lights don't work either, just put in another used dimmer switch and they still don't work, was blowing fuses with the old switch and now it is not, but the lights in the dash still don't work. Any Ideas on that?

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 96232:
all bulbs work, In the fusebox under the dash there is a spot for a flasher but no flasher in it, the flasher napa sold me is not fitting in there right so I will go back tomorrow and see if I can get the right one.....

BTW the dash lights don't work either, just put in another used dimmer switch and they still don't work, was blowing fuses with the old switch and now it is not, but the lights in the dash still don't work. Any Ideas on that?

is your car a 87-89 mustang?
if it is a 87-89, the hazard flasher is located on the other side of the fuse box. and the turn signal flasher is located, if i remember correctly its further up behind the dash on the drivers side, it might be taped on the column

if its a 90-93 the turn signal flasher is somewhere behind the radio or glovebox

[ April 07, 2010, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: 68stanger ]

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

¯
Member # 9375

89, I will go hunting then
¯
Member # 9375

SO the flasher was behiind the instrument cluster and looked like someone took a hammer to it, replaced it And it all works great now.

As for the dash lights, there was no power in the fusebox ath the junction for the dimmer switch, just jumped them from another key on hot source and now I have dash lights whenever my car is on, better than having none I guess.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com