Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Retarded chevy question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Retarded chevy question
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will any of the ls2 parts swap over to my 6.0l chevy truck. In other words what heads cam intake can I pick up and still be smogable but have a little fun with the huge pig of a track. 300hp/340tq at the flywheel isn't cutting it in that pig anymore. Obviously I don't really want a wild setup in a 2500hd truck just somethin a bit more entertaining.
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 707vibrantcobra93:
Will any of the ls2 parts swap over to my 6.0l chevy truck. In other words what heads cam intake can I pick up and still be smogable but have a little fun with the huge pig of a track. 300hp/340tq at the flywheel isn't cutting it in that pig anymore. Obviously I don't really want a wild setup in a 2500hd truck just somethin a bit more entertaining.

yes they are
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's good to know. Now the real question! Is it worth tracking down stock replacement parts from some wrecked vette or what have u, or buy aftermarket ls2 hci? I did see a nice set of afr heads for a ls2
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
That's good to know. Now the real question! Is it worth tracking down stock replacement parts from some wrecked vette or what have u, or buy aftermarket ls2 hci? I did see a nice set of afr heads for a ls2

comes down to money an how much you want to spend
the vette stuff a good up grade an the afr an fast intake are great up grades
do you know what heads you have on your truck right now

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
leave your truck alone get that cobra finished and come to the V foo
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Fasthatch: I have no idea what is on that truck. I know ford in out up and down but chevy stuff is foreign to me. Info I know about the truck is as follows. 05 2500hd 6.0 300hp/340tq flywheel which seet of the pants feels like about 50hp/75tq to the wheels but it does tow like a hog. I'm not sure what I'm willing to put in budget wise yet I just know I would enjoy a little more giddy up.

Travster: I can't hang wit u in the V now seein as how u have upgraded to an oldschool. Ur an A lister now and I'm still drivin that greasy old 5.zero

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Fasthatch: I have no idea what is on that truck. I know ford in out up and down but chevy stuff is foreign to me. Info I know about the truck is as follows. 05 2500hd 6.0 300hp/340tq flywheel which seet of the pants feels like about 50hp/75tq to the wheels but it does tow like a hog. I'm not sure what I'm willing to put in budget wise yet I just know I would enjoy a little more giddy up.

Travster: I can't hang wit u in the V now seein as how u have upgraded to an oldschool. Ur an A lister now and I'm still drivin that greasy old 5.zero

if i can remeber gm puts the cast number on top of the head you would have to pull the valve cover off an check what heads are on it i forget the number on it but one of the ls2-6.0 heads flow pertty good
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your 6.0 should have more power than 300hp. is it a lq4 or lq9. ls1tech is a good site for info

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

I was told in a chest truck forum it should be an lq9 and that's were I was told 300-340 in the 6.0 trucks
Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From the little info I have been researching the best bang for the buck would be L92 heads(6.2 escalade engines) and a aftermarket cam. This alone will put you at or close to 500hp with a tune. And the heads are obviously smog legal.

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Holy he'll that has to be with higher compression or something
Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i don't know the compression, but these heads are supposed to flow like a mofo.
Alot of guys run this setup in drag cars and in offroad racers.
I've seen the heads for sale at performance trucks.com

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

Green92stang
¯
Member # 6689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green92stang  Ford pictures for Green92stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GET THE LS3 HEADS THAT COME ON THE 07 AND UP ESCADLE THERE LIKE 800 NEW FLOW 300 CFM

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com