Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » How to install mac longtubes?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How to install mac longtubes?
BLoWN FR500
¯
Member # 8766

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLoWN FR500  Ford pictures for BLoWN FR500    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have a step by step directions or anything on how to intall long tubes for 87-93 mustang?

--------------------
92 Fobra Supercharged - Stolen
89 Turbod Fobra - Sold
90 Lx - Sold
86 Lx - Sold
96 Cobra

I Stay Charged Like The Energizer Bunny

Posts: 1226 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Step by step...

1. Find receipt from purchase
2. Return product
3. Be happy you didn't install them.

j/k!

Here's BBK's instructions, they should work for ya...
Step 1 Disconnect the negative battery terminal and place the vehicle on jackstands or use a drive on lift.
! CAUTION !
Use extreme caution under vehicle
Step 2 Remove the hose clamp at the throttle body, unplug the mass air sensor if so equipped and remove the complete
assembly for clearance.
Step 3 Remove the air injection assembly from the passenger side of the engine compartment.
Step 4 Remove the spark plugs and wires for easy access.
Step 5 Working from under the vehicle (use caution) remove the air tube from the h-pipe. Disconnect the h-pipe from
the headers and the muffler system and remove the h-pipe.
Step 6 Remove the stock exhaust manifolds and clean any gasket material from the heads. (Header removal is from
inside of the engine compartment.)
Step 7 Now remove the starter located on the passenger side. All this will allow is easy access when installing the
passenger side full-length. The starter can be reinstalled after the new header is bolted in-place.
Step 8 Remove the motor mount nuts from the drivers and passenger side. The nuts are located underneath the vehicle
and are easily accessible.
Step 9 With the motor mount nuts removed, you may now proceed to lift either side of the engine to gain easy access to
install the headers. The drivers side full-length will install from under the vehicle, while the passenger side must
be installed from above the engine. (For a guaranteed leak-free seal, we suggest a light coating of a high-temp
gasket sealer such as “ultra-copper” on both gasket surfaces.)
Step 10 Make sure to re-install the factory dip-stick tube assembly located on the drivers side. Then proceed to tighten all
16 header bolts to the cylinder head.
Step 11 You may now proceed to re-install all items which were originally removed from your Mustangs
engine compartment.
Step 12 Now swap the two oxygen sensors from your stock h-pipe to the fittings located on your full-lengths collectors
(to gain proper wire length, remove the wire loom from the chassis clips).

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you put the right one in ....
.... you put the left one in ....
..... you do the hokey pokey and you tighten all the bolts [dance]

BLoWN FR500
¯
Member # 8766

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLoWN FR500  Ford pictures for BLoWN FR500    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahaha dam got me there for a sec....thanks

--------------------
89 Turbod Fobra - Sold
90 Lx - Sold
86 Lx - Sold
96 Cobra

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
u gotta be kidding

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
BLoWN FR500
¯
Member # 8766

Dam u jus like to always hate dontchu....be ready for me!

--------------------
89 Turbod Fobra - Sold
90 Lx - Sold
86 Lx - Sold
96 Cobra

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do you need directions to be ready...i been ready babyboy

--------------------
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

BLoWN FR500
¯
Member # 8766

u mean do u need directions for the bus once i blow ur doors off ur shit! LMK when u ready lol
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

was it torque that twisted you frame???oh thats right ,bbk doesnt make directions for longtube installs on tweeked frames..

--------------------

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

c'mon bro stop it...you cant catch up, the coupe will take you out and its got no motor

--------------------

FOURPOINTSIX
¯
Member # 8302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOURPOINTSIX  Ford pictures for FOURPOINTSIX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAHAAHA WHAT A NOOB...... DIRECTIONS SMH,SMH

--------------------
{]LEGION510[}

Posts: 374 | From: EAST OAKLAND | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i believe you have to take the steering shaft off for the macs? and run it between the header tubes on the driver side.

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Shadow750
¯
Member # 8910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow750  Ford pictures for Shadow750    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ February 21, 2010, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Shadow750 ]

Posts: 74 | From: Santa Rosa, CA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

yea id check myself to if i were u shadow750

--------------------

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

edit dat shit quick u pussy..u sure know a lot about me

--------------------

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

the funny thing i know exactly who u are u hack mechanic

[ February 21, 2010, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: 2TONE ]

--------------------

SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 2TONE:
the funny thing i know exactly who u are u hackass mechanic

2tone 1 shadow750 0 [Big Grin]
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

its good ...i called shadow750...he has no beef..it must have been a misunderstanding....hahaha

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com