Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » lifter problems

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: lifter problems
FOXX5.0
¯
Member # 9094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXX5.0  Ford pictures for FOXX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just changed my lifters 3 months ago they went to shit the other day wonder why some one said my oil pump is bad my oil metter says there is no oil even after i changed the oil. the metter go up and down
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could have a bad cam there could be many problems that can make lifters go bad
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"oil Metter"? You mean dipstick or oil psi gauge?
Maybe the oil psi sending unit is bad or the wire is fitted loosly. the sending unit is next to the oil filter with one wire connected.

Is it a high mileaged engine? worn bearings will cause low oil psi. Are you hearing loud ticking noises? if not its probably the sending unit.

Good luck

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your hearing ticking noises, don't run your car anymore.

slowly bump crank the engine till the distrubutor is pointing to the number one cylinder, and the balancer is at tdc.(0)degree mark. With a 1/2" wrench loosen the nut holding the distrubutor to the engine-remove distrubutor. with a 1/4"socket and extension, carfully fit it inside the engine to drive the oil pump shaft . see if it feels broken(the oil pump drive shaft). I once had a oil pump shaft snap. To fix it means the oil pump must be removed. [Frown]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
93mustang50
¯
Member # 6642

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustang50  Ford pictures for 93mustang50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats your set uo? stock? hci?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com