Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need help with a airbag question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help with a airbag question
justflipa03
¯
Member # 9642

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for justflipa03  Ford pictures for justflipa03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my buddy has a mustang where the passenger airbag has deployed. instead of buying a new airbag because they are so damn expensive i cut out the airbag portion and tried to push the module that deploys the airbag back in and cover it back up. but it dosent move its like it is stuck. i cant pull it out or push it in is there any kind of emergency stopper that is keeping me from pushing it back in that i need to find or remove this is just temporary until he can get enough money to replace it. if anyone knows how i can get the module back into place so it looks better than sticking way out let me know. thanks

--------------------
2003 Mustang Gt
1992 Ford Bronco XLT

MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You will have to unbolt the passenger airbag and bend the framework of the dash back into place.
There are two bolts that hold the passenger airbag in place, drop the glovebox all the way down to get at them. These bolts are on the crossbar right above glovebox opening.
Depending upon year (currently have 94-98 bags available) I have gray,tan, and black sets
99+ bags are different as are some year specific bags.

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

justflipa03
¯
Member # 9642

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for justflipa03  Ford pictures for justflipa03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sweet thank you ill try that

--------------------
2003 Mustang Gt
1992 Ford Bronco XLT

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com