Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Rev start up

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Rev start up
slow4v
¯
Member # 9403

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for slow4v  Ford pictures for slow4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was on the freeway (2002 gt) 5th gear everything was going good but then when I'm go back to nuetural my rmps jump to 4 thousand rpms....and i'm still speeding up..go back to 5th gear and it's normal again...I try turning off the car at a stop turn it back on on nuetural and it goes to 4 thousand rpms again....I checked the spring and nothing is stuck ...my gas pedal feels like it's always to the floor....what could it be? Any info would help thanks [Confused]
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did u check all the tubes and stuff on the engine? aftermarket throttle body? So in neutral the car still speeds up?

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
justflipa03
¯
Member # 9642

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for justflipa03  Ford pictures for justflipa03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sometimes the throttle cable get stuck a little bit! try reving your engine up and checking if the throttle cable is stuck on anything!

--------------------
2003 Mustang Gt
1992 Ford Bronco XLT

slow4v
¯
Member # 9403

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slow4v  Ford pictures for slow4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by justflipa03:
sometimes the throttle cable get stuck a little bit! try reving your engine up and checking if the throttle cable is stuck on anything!

good lookin out..thanks for the advice...i checked throttle body since that is what i thinking at first but i couldnt check it since it first happend at dark...checked yesterday morning and it was one of the bolts on the throttle body came loose

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com