Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Does anyone here have 65-68 stang with a t5 in it?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone here have 65-68 stang with a t5 in it?
CaliCoop
¯
Member # 7031

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliCoop  Ford pictures for CaliCoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking to see if someone on the board here have a 65-68 mustang that converted to a t5 tranny? I'm having problems with the newer style clutch cable install, its the only thing holding me from making it rain on 50DEEP, Lol, just wanna know if someone here has experience doing this kinda shit or any tips or tricks, thanx in advance

--------------------
"Swang Shyt Click"
1991 Silver&Black Notchback on Vogues,Mach 1's, Black Bullits, Black Chrome Saleens
2000 Camaro SS "SOLD"
1968 Stang 5spd coupe

Posts: 412 | From: Mack Rd. Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would ditch that cable and run a hydraulic setup. yu could get a hydraulic setup going for around $350, it has a much cleaner look and you can run whatever header you want without worrying about burning the cable.

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im running the cable clutch, i had to go with shorties. The long tubes melted my clutch cable the first time around. Its a real simple setup in my opinion, installed it about 3 years ago, and havent had to adjust really anything.

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a T5Z in my '65 I am using a cable setup. I had the Headman long tubes for a 302 and had to get the set for a 351 to avoid burning the cable.

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CaliCoop:
I'm looking to see if someone on the board here have a 65-68 mustang that converted to a t5 tranny? I'm having problems with the newer style clutch cable install, its the only thing holding me from making it rain on 50DEEP, Lol, just wanna know if someone here has experience doing this kinda shit or any tips or tricks, thanx in advance

Yawn......... I got my umbrella ready son!!!!!!

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
CaliCoop
¯
Member # 7031

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliCoop  Ford pictures for CaliCoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was going to go with the ron morris clutch cable kit that is running for $249.99 but where can I find more info on this hydraulic setup

--------------------
"Swang Shyt Click"
1991 Silver&Black Notchback on Vogues,Mach 1's, Black Bullits, Black Chrome Saleens
2000 Camaro SS "SOLD"
1968 Stang 5spd coupe

CaliCoop
¯
Member # 7031

Alright Kanye, you know I don't only do donuts right, but its all good pimp, what are we racing for? Let's put the King of Calvine on the line, LOL [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Swang Shyt Click"
2000 Camaro SS "SOLD"
1968 Stang 5spd coupe

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yo Calicoop, I saw you a few days ago rollin down Florin near South Watt. The coupe looks clean on Bullitts!!!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

CaliCoop
¯
Member # 7031

Thanks bro, which bullits did you see me on? The 20's or the 17's?

--------------------
"Swang Shyt Click"
2000 Camaro SS "SOLD"
1968 Stang 5spd coupe

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Thanks bro, which bullits did you see me on? The 20's or the 17's?

They looked like black 17" to me? You wouldn't have spotted me though, because I was in my pops 06 F250...

--------------------

CaliCoop
¯
Member # 7031

Looks like I need to be more careful, people be spotting me but I don't be seeing them, if you was a snake I would've gotten bit, LOL, so what's up man when you gonna pull that coupe out and throw a cruise so everybody can come out and chill

--------------------
"Swang Shyt Click"
2000 Camaro SS "SOLD"
1968 Stang 5spd coupe

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Looks like I need to be more careful, people be spotting me but I don't be seeing them, if you was a snake I would've gotten bit, LOL, so what's up man when you gonna pull that coupe out and throw a cruise so everybody can come out and chill

Your coupe is not hard to spot. Looks pretty unique with the paint scheme & the hurst emblem on the back. A cruise would be a good idea soon. Maybe I will setup a small daytime cruise next weekend. But, Kanye has the night cruise setup for 1/9/10, you should roll out to that 1...

--------------------

CaliCoop
¯
Member # 7031

Yeah I plan on going to that one, I just hope it doesn't turn into one of those bushi CA Ford meet ups, I be hatin that when people meet up and are affraid to mingle and socialize with people outside there circle

--------------------
"Swang Shyt Click"
2000 Camaro SS "SOLD"
1968 Stang 5spd coupe

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Alright Kanye, you know I don't only do donuts right, but its all good pimp, what are we racing for? Let's put the King of Calvine on the line, LOL [Big Grin]

Aww yeah thts a title I won't mind having under my belt. Better hope I don't have my gears by then.

But the late night meet on the 9th should be legit. Chino will be the ambassador so nobody feels left out.

Post up info about the hydraulic clutch though. Don't know much about how those operate

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:

Aww yeah thts a title I won't mind having under my belt. Better hope I don't have my gears by then.

But the late night meet on the 9th should be legit. Chino will be the ambassador so nobody feels left out.

Post up info about the hydraulic clutch though. Don't know much about how those operate

I have a 5.0, Can I getin this race too?

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gotta have right headers to fit good or the hydro but i heard complaints but maybe they where cheap hydro kits.i like cable my self
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
quote:

come out on the 9th.

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
quote:

come out on the 9th.
I should be able to make it. In the words of money mayweather, beating you guys will be "easy work"! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com