Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » gauge cluster question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: gauge cluster question
cflores
¯
Member # 7319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cflores  Ford pictures for cflores    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The gauges work and everything its just that when i turn my headlights on, the cluster doesnt light up or anything. I checked fuses and everything, and there good. Im thinking its the Dimmer switch but im not to sure. How can I check? what else could it be? I dont know what else to check, so any help would be appreciated. thanks
djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when you find out let me know i got the same problem

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is this on a fox body?

Sometimes the dimmer switch messes up. When my dimmer switch is at the brightest position, I occasionally have the same issue. But then I just turn the dimmer switch left and right and the cluster lights turn back on.

Have you tried to turn the dimmer switch to dim the lights and back up to brighten them?

[ December 06, 2009, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had the same issue in my chp it turned out to be the dimmer switch I had to play around for a few seconds to get the lights to work everytime at night but I guess all it had was dust because after a week or so came back to normal [Eek!]

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

cflores
¯
Member # 7319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cflores  Ford pictures for cflores    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well im going to go ahead and replace the dimmer switch and see if thats whats wrong, hopefully it is. My turn signals went out to, im guessin its the turn signal switch right? checked the fuse and its still good, but signal lights dont come on still.
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cflores:
well im going to go ahead and replace the dimmer switch and see if thats whats wrong, hopefully it is. My turn signals went out to, im guessin its the turn signal switch right? checked the fuse and its still good, but signal lights dont come on still.

another thing to check would be the pin connector on the headlight switch. sometimes they (connector pins)pull out and cause simular problems.

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com