Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » global west traclink

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: global west traclink
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does anyone have any experience with this peice that they would like to share?
also is this like a normal torque arm, if i run a panhard bar am i able to eliminate the uca's?

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Trac-link is a waste.

It is better than stock, but not by much. I had a friend who was trying to sell me on a Trac-link, and took me for a test drive in his car. No big deal, but the whole time telling me about how great it was, blah blah blah. Then we get in my car, which at the time had MM lowers and Maier Racing uppers(no longer produced) that were Heim jointed (no bind). He was blown away. Handled way better than his Global West set up and was a simpler and lighter package.

Save your money for a TA/PHB setup. Then you will feel your money's worth.

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pan hard centers the rear end.

a toque arm deletes the uppers...

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
pan hard centers the rear end.

a toque arm deletes the uppers...

a traclink is a torque arm tho. [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It works on the same premise as a TA, but poorly at that.
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
It works on the same premise as a TA, but poorly at that.

thank you, i was given one but i would need to buy the crose member.
this was the reasoning for the question.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

I wasn't impressed, but if the crossmember isn't too expensive, try it. If it's junk, sell the complete package.
88GtHatchback
¯
Member # 4778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88GtHatchback  Ford pictures for 88GtHatchback    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doesn't the TracLink just bolt to the floor rather than the subframe connectors? Ive heard about people ripping the floor because of the poor design. Just something to think about.

--------------------
Cali 88 Gt - CHP 347 stroker, AFR 185's, Custom cam, RPM 2

Posts: 32 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Originally posted by 88GtHatchback:
Doesn't the TracLink just bolt to the floor rather than the subframe connectors? Ive heard about people ripping the floor because of the poor design. Just something to think about.

i think its supposed to be welded but ya it does.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:

If the correct brackets and reinforcement plates are used, along with being installed correctly, it works great. Me personally, I'd weld in the brackets/plates and attach them to a set of full-length subframes.

FYI, it doesn't require you to remove the upper control arms. This kit is meant to work with them.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:

FYI, it doesn't require you to remove the upper control arms. This kit is meant to work with them.
is that a good thing or a bad thing????

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com