Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » T-45 transmission ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: T-45 transmission ?
COUPE ON DUBZ
¯
Member # 5034

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COUPE ON DUBZ  Ford pictures for COUPE ON DUBZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My friend haves a 00 mustang gt 5 speed and his tranny went out he bought a t-45 of a 98 cobra it's the same length but the mount ibolts lined up different my question is does it work even if he modified the mount or it's different ??

--------------------
2HK
05 SILVERADO on 26s 4-SALE
02 Cobra Bolt Ons
"CISCO ITS DA NAME MONEY ITS DA GAME"

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
to my knowledge its all the same, just the location of the crossmember is different...

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
COUPE ON DUBZ
¯
Member # 5034

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COUPE ON DUBZ  Ford pictures for COUPE ON DUBZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is there a special bracket for it??

--------------------
2HK
02 Cobra Bolt Ons

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by COUPE ON DUBZ:
Is there a special bracket for it??

I don't think so...
COUPE ON DUBZ
¯
Member # 5034

also the speedometer sensor its defferent its the stock 98 cobra t45 should work because the 00 gt t45 its wider and dont fit???

--------------------
2HK
02 Cobra Bolt Ons

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like you ended up with a T3650 and not a T45...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
COUPE ON DUBZ
¯
Member # 5034

the guy told me it was a t45 its the same lengt and everything we compare it to the old t45 and it looks the same other than the mount and the speedometer cable. does this will work or should we take it out.

--------------------
2HK
02 Cobra Bolt Ons

COUPE ON DUBZ
¯
Member # 5034

here the tag that came with it F6ZF-7003-CC 1381-002

--------------------
2HK
02 Cobra Bolt Ons

96mysticman
¯
Member # 8327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96mysticman  Ford pictures for 96mysticman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive used both on my 96 and the only thing thats different is the crossmember location your going to have to drill new holes or somthing i just didnt care to drill them but the speedo cable is the same everything....soooooo i think you got a different one on your hands [patriot]
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
it looks the same other than the mount and the speedometer cable.

That's because T3650's don't have a provision for a speedo cable. It's VSS.

Unless you want to get a later-model crossmember and go without a speedometer...it's not gonna work.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

COUPE ON DUBZ
¯
Member # 5034

I think we got a t45 off like a 96-98 because everything it's the same other than the speedo sensor this tranny it's manual and the 2000 it's electric it's there an adapter or a sensor that will make it from manual to electric.

--------------------
2HK
02 Cobra Bolt Ons

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

quote:
I think we got a t45 off like a 96-98 because everything it's the same other than the speedo sensor this tranny it's manual and the 2000 it's electric it's there an adapter or a sensor that will make it from manual to electric.

If the crossmember mounting was the same, I'd agree...but you've stated the mounting bolts were in a different location.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

COUPE ON DUBZ
¯
Member # 5034

mounting bolt diferrent too?

--------------------
2HK
02 Cobra Bolt Ons

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com