Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Rev. Probs???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Rev. Probs???
cflores
¯
Member # 7319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cflores  Ford pictures for cflores    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok so everyone says that 4.10's would kill your on the highway (rev. to high), so i was wondering what if you slapped a 6 speed in it would it still kill the highways mileage? would adding the extra gear be like running 3.73's with a 5-speed? I was thinking about this today and now its just killing me to find out if its the same or not.
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends on your HCI combo. What are you running?

The stock fox setup wasn't at all a high rpm performer. More made for low and mid range. U add gears and u rip through the low and mid range faster and compound on the fox's poor traction. If u add a 6 speed u will be able to gain better fuel mileage and stay in ur mid range for a lil longer.

However I would bet a bolt on fox with 4.10s and a 6 speed will still be slower than a HCI fox with a 5 speed and let's say 3.73's.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Throw 20" wheels on it then when your at the track swap it out for the 15" wheels

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
running a 6 speed would not make a difference.i would stick with your T5 because of weight savings over a T56, and the T5 robs less energy to turn it.

all the T5's TKO's have a final gear that ranges from .063-.068 which is about the same

the ford racing T56 (for push rod motors) has a final gear of .063

only 6 speed that would make a little difference would be the viper spec T56

final gear viper spec T56 .050

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What year car and what motor combo?
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
cflores
¯
Member # 7319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cflores  Ford pictures for cflores    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its a 90' foxbody gt, typhoon intake w 1" space, ported performer heads, e-cam, bbk shortys, 1.7 RR, #24 injectors. going to supercharge it, and stroke it out(331) next spring and the tranny will be the tremec T56 that is used in the viper, vette, and the aston martin's. sixth gear ratio is 0.62 fifth is 0.80. laughing gas might be in the mix to, not sure if want to take it that far yet. im debating over 3.73's or 4.10's but my concern is that I will be reving to high when im on the highway, or would it be like im rollin 3.73's with a 5-speed if i slap the 6-speed in?
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4.10's arent bad at all in 5th gear.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 4:10 on my coupe if you don't mind keeping at 65 to 70 on the freeways at 22 to 2500 rpm go for it but I had a mild hci combo that was stock bottom end with b cam 1.7 rr cobra intake 65 throttle body with 17 " wheels T the track. I was at the end of 4th gear when I was crossing the traps at 99 mph 13.5 quarter mile kinda weak till I swales out the combo I should of went with 373

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com