Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 98 Cobra Cooling Fan

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 98 Cobra Cooling Fan
mustangdude24
¯
Member # 6581

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustangdude24  Ford pictures for mustangdude24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A friend of mine just picked up a 98 Cobra, clean car, but the cooling fan won't turn on. He changed out some sort of relay, and the fan still won't turn on. We put direct power to the fan and it does turn on, so we know it's good. We also tested the ECT sensor, and it seems to be good too. Does anyone else have any other ideas? I noticed that you can buy some sort of bypass kit for it so I'm wondering if it's a common problem. Any help would be appreciated.
- Danny

SVTCOBRAFOREVER
¯
Member # 4173

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTCOBRAFOREVER  Ford pictures for SVTCOBRAFOREVER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hehe, shoot, I am having that same problem at the moment [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] . Did you replace the CCRM. That has a relay in it, it is located on the inside passenger side fender well.

Did you check the fuse box in the engine bay? It is the 60amp fuse. Also I think the number 18 20amp fuse in the car could be a problem as well. That is the best I can offer on help at the moment.

I am still trying to figure out why mine is not working. Kind of leaning on the CCRM failure.

--------------------
1992 Notch LS9 Twin Turbo On its way to completion. Way over 800rwhp on 8lbs.
1990 5.0 (97 cobra powered) Sold

Posts: 453 | From: Concord,CA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when i had my '97 cobra i had the opposite experience with the cooling fan. one day while driving the fan kicked on like normal, but after i shut it down, the fan would keep on running. it wouldn't shut off unless i took the cable off the battery. i iwent inside the fender, took out the CCRM to check it out. there wasn't anything i could do so i just tapped it hard a few times and shook it around. i plugged it back in and the fan went back to normal. for my case, i think the relay just got stuck in the on position and after a few taps, it switched back.
mustangdude24
¯
Member # 6581

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustangdude24  Ford pictures for mustangdude24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, the CCRM, that's what was replaced. We checked the 60 amp, but didn't check any inside the car.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com