Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Who does this type of work?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Who does this type of work?
truthseeker
¯
Member # 4636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for truthseeker  Ford pictures for truthseeker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a MMR Race Pan on my 1998 Mustang Cobra and it has a slow oil pan leak (~1-2 drops at night) at the rear of the pan that has been there about 10,000 miles after I put a new engine in it.

This has been bothering me ever since I noticed the leak.

I do not have the time right now to fix it, that is why I want to pay someone.

Who can I trust to fix it correctly?

Anyone know if "haulin ass" does this stuff or just gears?

Also, how much does something like this cost?

--------------------
1998 SVT Cobra Convertible | VT Cobra Billet Shortblock | T56 Tranny with Viper 5th and 6th | #3425 of 3480 | 17x9 + 17x11 CCW Classic's | 4.10 gears

Posts: 226 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
jareds98gt
¯
Member # 7701

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jareds98gt  Ford pictures for jareds98gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could be the rear main seal to??

--------------------
1997 Saleen S281 #192

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i can look at it for nothin and then see what from there could be a couple things
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Outside of a obvious defect with the pan, there's only two things it can be. Either the install of the gasket or the rear main seal/bridge for the seal. Unless you've got a tubular K member, you're looking at a motor pull.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by truthseeker:
I have a MMR Race Pan on my 1998 Mustang Cobra and it has a slow oil pan leak (~1-2 drops at night) at the rear of the pan that has been there about 10,000 miles after I put a new engine in it.

does your car have longtubes? I can do this for ya. I'm also local roseville/auburn. Just ask around about my work. Pm me for more details.

Brandon

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnB:
Outside of a obvious defect with the pan, there's only two things it can be. Either the install of the gasket or the rear main seal/bridge for the seal. Unless you've got a tubular K member, you're looking at a motor pull. [/QUOTE

why pull the motor? Just pull the k member and bam! The pan is right there!

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Outside of the obvious transmission pull, you might as well pull the engine and re-seal it properly. Different strokes for different folks...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blown95svt:
quote:

does your car have longtubes? I can do this for ya. I'm also local roseville/auburn. Just ask around about my work. Pm me for more details.

Brandon

I can vouch for Brandon, his work is excellent...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Outside of the obvious transmission pull, you might as well pull the engine and re-seal it properly. Different strokes for different folks...

i wouldnt do just a rear main or a oil pan, might as well just do both, i find it easier just to pull the trans and replace the rear main and drop the k to do an oil pan gasket. but thats just me, i hate pulling motors and try to avoid it unless i have to. i did a rear main on a buddys 02 gt with bbk lts a month or so ago, and if you know bbk lts you cant pull a trans with out removing the pass side header, did this in about 5 hours with out pulling the motor, just dropped the k twice.

--------------------

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
quote:
Originally posted by blown95svt:
quote:

Brandon

I can vouch for Brandon, his work is excellent...
thanks jason! hows the cars running? [Razz]

--------------------

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've replaced the oil pan on a 5.0 without removing the motor or trans or K-member, or separating the trans from the motor! It can be done. Gonna be a PITA job though...
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
I've replaced the oil pan on a 5.0 without removing the motor or trans or K-member, or separating the trans from the motor! It can be done. Gonna be a PITA job though...

not tryin to be a smart ass but ur fucken good [patriot]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com