Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Classic Ford Falcon: New engine braces

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Classic Ford Falcon: New engine braces
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Im looking into a 64/ 65 ford falcon build and wanted to see what alternatives are available for new export braces. This is the brace that runs from the back of the engine compartment out to the shock towers on either side. Back in the days of raccoonracing I remember seeing a car that had new tubular braces that loocked great and freed up much needed room.
Anyone know where to find these or something close?

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we could make some custom for u as a matter of fact we have the same year falcon hear that weve done a bunch to custom cross member some other stuff but that was gonna be the next thing u should drop by and check it out
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out Delta Bay Mustang in Brentwood. He's about the only guy I know that has performance stuff specifically for the Falcon.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
we could make some custom for u as a matter of fact we have the same year falcon hear that weve done a bunch to custom cross member some other stuff but that was gonna be the next thing u should drop by and check it out

Damn, I would love to come check it out but I'm living down south right now. I was thinking I may haveto custom fabricate something but was just seeing if there was something already out there to buy/ copy.
tomstir
¯
Member # 389

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tomstir  Ford pictures for tomstir    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$$$$$$$

http://totalcontrolproducts.com/support/twrb/PKG-TWRB-02_AT.jpg

1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

quote:
Originally posted by tomstir:
$$$$$$$

http://totalcontrolproducts.com/support/twrb/PKG-TWRB-02_AT.jpg

Nice!!! The rear brace is exactly what Im looking for. Im not looking to improve control as much as clean the area up and free up room, so the whole thing wouldn't be necessary but the rear looks great.
Thanks

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they move around cause of all the hyme joints but do look sick as all day dont hold in place as well as ity looks
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
they move around cause of all the hyme joints but do look sick as all day dont hold in place as well as ity looks

What would be the problem with building the same look without any joints (one solid piece made with DOM tubing or something)

It seems like a solid piece would be closer to the stock unit and more rigid...

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

thats what i was talkin bout!somthin that works!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com