Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » info for HCI MOTORSPORTS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: info for HCI MOTORSPORTS
PSYCHOSTANG408
¯
Member # 3950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PSYCHOSTANG408  Ford pictures for PSYCHOSTANG408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK, Ive heard about all the problems with people suing HCI MOTORSPORTS. Does anyone know anything about them now? ive been trying to go pick up my stuff from the shop. ive actually drove up there last week and found some old guy at the shop (which was nice) he opened door and called travis for me. Me and travis scheduled to meet up monday morning and gave me his cell phone number. when i showed up to the shop his phone was cancelled and never showed up. All i want is my stuff back (im thinking its not going to happen). so any info will help, thanks
Posts: 49 | From: SAN JOSE, CA. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good luck with your situation! travis is a shady person! my friend just spent over 5k at the shop and has had nothing but problems and has heard nothing from travis.pm red@7kvert and maybe he has a number you dont.

goodluck bro! [patriot]

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
PSYCHOSTANG408
¯
Member # 3950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PSYCHOSTANG408  Ford pictures for PSYCHOSTANG408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the help
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
also i know he lives in orangvale,ca. drives a black lifted 2010 f-150 and i believe he has a myspace but i forget his last name.

--------------------

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just got off the phone with the BAR discussing these jokes!

If u have a problem call Joe Sensuri at the sacramento BAR office... He'd love to hear more!! Lol

Travis will flake on you 10 times before you see your stuff.

Good luck!!

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had the same issue with a different shop. I showed up and called the sheriffs dept. They came out and I had my shit back within 2 days.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn these places suck balls !i think u can do research on these things, check for business licencses, how many times sued,the better business bureau has a track record of every place that is legitimate or not. not that every body turns every body in , to many people be like oh fuck it, but then the next guy dont know no better.good luck !
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what is it with all of these mustang shops being dirty/shady. man this is sad hope you get your property back

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
what is it with all of these mustang shops being dirty/shady. man this is sad hope you get your property back

I definitely sympothize with the OP and anyone else taken by this shop. Although you shouldn't have necessarily have to, it pays to research places before you turn over your hard earned money. I moved to norcal a few years ago and researched most of the shops in the area. After spending about an hour with each of shops I was considering, one stood out with obvious clarity- AED. They have worked on my Cobra quite a few times now, as well as my GT, and I have 100% confidence in their quality of work and honesty... I trust them 100% with my most prized possession (Cobra) and would recommend them to anyone. So, at least there is one good shop among "all these mustang shops!"

Again, sorry to hear about your situation. I would definitely involve the police at this point.

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well hey it just makes my shop look that much better i should like put up a picnic or somthin its like the perfect time to advertise! lol!never been sued got all my licensing,im straite up no bull shit, and do great work for over 15 years now, 5 in my own shop.did i mention were doin alignments now from stock, to strait, to corner carvers,or next week really is when were installing the equipment.
PSYCHOSTANG408
¯
Member # 3950

thanks for all the help... i will try to get in contact with any one i can, as long as i can get the rest of my stuff.. This type of situation sucks!
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PSYCHOSTANG408:
OK, Ive heard about all the problems with people suing HCI MOTORSPORTS.

There has been one suit filed against them in 10 years...and they were a co-defendant. 10/29/2007.
Sac Courts search

Also, there isn't a single action via the BAR listed.
Ca BAR history
Their business license is expired though.

Go up there, let the ol' man let you in again, get Travis on the phone...and let him know, politely, you are picking your stuff up...after it's all in your possession. Otherwise, follow the above link and file a small claims suit online.

[ August 29, 2009, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: JohnB ]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
Originally posted by PSYCHOSTANG408:
OK, Ive heard about all the problems with people suing HCI MOTORSPORTS.

There has been one suit filed against them in 10 years...and they were a co-defendant. 10/29/2007.
Sac Courts search

Also, there isn't a single action via the BAR listed.
Ca BAR history
Their business license is expired though.

Go up there, let the ol' man let you in again, get Travis on the phone...and let him know, politely, you are picking your stuff up...after it's all in your possession. Otherwise, follow the above link and file a small claims suit online.

my buddy has the bar involved with travis right now, i believe he even got some money back from him.

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hopefully he gets the results he's looking for and best of luck to those working to get their stuff back. [patriot]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
sonicblue04roush
¯
Member # 7629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonicblue04roush  Ford pictures for sonicblue04roush    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea if you would have done a lil search on hci before goin to them you would have found plenty of post by me and my story..

jus read my signature on each post
"Aviod HCI Motorsports!"

i worked with the BAR they helped a lil now im jus workin with my lawyer.. unfortunatly i wasted more than 20k!! & this was more than 3yrs ago i cant believe people are still goin there.. theyre not even suppose to be open..

69DodgeCharger
¯
Member # 3231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69DodgeCharger  Ford pictures for 69DodgeCharger    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ever since that phucktard started running that shop it has been a joke. Travis is such a tool. Its really to bad though, they had some really nice employees there with the exception of travis.

Cole, Dave and Shawn were and are good guys, glad shawn got out of there and opened his own shop.

--------------------
I do installs and vehicle transport
ryan 925 783 7259

-2002 Corvette ZO6
H/C/I 470rwhp

-1969 Dodge Charger R/T
496 big block, TKO, Dana 60

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry Guys.

I hate to see this stuff.
Cole made Travis the GM in late 2005, shortly thereafter I left. It was only a matter of time at that point.

We get HCI cars all the time. The older builds seem to have very little to no issues. It's the later builds that we've seen problems with (2006+)

HCI will probably never close their doors for good. Free rent & the CEO of the parent company (Travis' father) is a lawyer.

Good luck with the pursuit of a fair settlement.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:

HCI will probably never close their doors for good. Free rent & the CEO of the parent company (Travis' father) is a lawyer.

Good luck with the pursuit of a fair settlement.

wow that sucks [Embarrassed]
well on the bright side most of us are glad and thankful to have AED [patriot]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HCI has a very bad rap with me. My friend spent top dollar with them a few years back, getting a motor rebuild and Mongoose intake, headers, and H-pipe at the same time. Got the car back with NO TRANS FLUID! Of course, we didn't know until the bearings ate themselves within a few days.

HCI told my friend: "must have a leak."

No, you have brain dead employees.

I called them a couple years back about identifying a 1999 Cobra ECU. They said quote: "We don't know anything about that stuff, we just build motors."

For a Cobra and 4v shop, that is pitiful.

blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for blkfoxbody89  Ford pictures for blkfoxbody89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow.. this is some eye opening stuff. I have always been reluctant towards having a shop work on any of my vehicles, I'd rather risk it and do the work myself, while learning as I go. so far I'm 100% successful on all of my rebuilds and modifications, not to mention all of the money I've saved along the way. Good luck on resolving your issue, and reclaiming your parts. Best of wishes for you bro.

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

Posts: 976 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com