Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » firing order

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: firing order
STANGBOY
¯
Member # 7868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGBOY  Ford pictures for STANGBOY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats the firing order on a 1988 mustang 5.0 auto or is it the same as a 5 speed,or is it difrent form a 90 and up cause we were checking it and its difrent from my bros 90 and my 88

--------------------
1986 mustang notchback

she's good from far but far from good

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all HO motors have the same firing order. no difference in firig order, manuel or auto.

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
STANGBOY
¯
Member # 7868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGBOY  Ford pictures for STANGBOY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt

[ August 25, 2009, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: STANGBOY ]

--------------------
1986 mustang notchback

she's good from far but far from good

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the car would pop and not run correctly at all if you had the wrong firing order, if you have the non h.o firing order and it runs fine, then that means you have a non h.o cam.

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:

+1
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:
the car would pop and not run correctly at all if you had the wrong firing order, if you have the non h.o firing order and it runs fine, then that means you have a non h.o cam.

I have had a 1988 5.0 5 speed car with a non ho cam in it the motor was removed from a 1990 bronco and I moved the plug wires around to make up for it.

The check engine light was always on and it always had a low idle stumble and a small stumble when stepping on the gas.

My next move would have been to move the injector harness around and I am 100% sure that would have fixed it but I sold it and the guy put a stroker motor in it....so...

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com