Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » help on rear disk brake conversion

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: help on rear disk brake conversion
roach coach
¯
Member # 8124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for roach coach  Ford pictures for roach coach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I HAVE A 68 MUSTANG THAT I'M CONVERTING THE REAR DRUMS TO DISK BRAKES. I HAVE THE CALIPERS AND BRAKES FROM AN 92 CROWN VIC. THE THING IS THAT I CANT FIND THE AXEL SPACERS THAT ARE REQUIRED TO DO THE CONVERSION. I FOUND THEM ON EBAY BUT I CANT FIND THEM ANYMORE. IF U CAN HELP ME FIND THEM, IT'S FOR A 8 INCH REAR END. THANKS!!
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dunno much about that particular conversion but try contacting Mustang's Plus. They know a lot about rear disk conversions on the old school cars and can probably help.

http://www.mustangsplus.com/xcart/home.php

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
put a 8.8 from a fox and go grab some north racecar brackets and the rest or the SN95 brake parts from the junkyard and call it a day. besides it will be easier and cheaper to find parts for that 8.8 over that weak 8" .

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91fox:
put a 8.8 from a fox and go grab some north racecar brackets and the rest or the SN95 brake parts from the junkyard and call it a day. besides it will be easier and cheaper to find parts for that 8.8 over that weak 8" .

have fun doing that considering neither is the correct length....still going to take some fabbing to get it right....

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
quote:
Originally posted by 91fox:

have fun doing that considering neither is the correct length....still going to take some fabbing to get it right....
whats the difference between a 68 stang 8" and a fox 8.8 in length like about 3/8in total, thats nothing. besides fabing up shit is the fun part working of cars.

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

roach coach
¯
Member # 8124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for roach coach  Ford pictures for roach coach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
found the parts i needed to convert the rear end. Slapped on the caliper brackets on 2day and now need to install the rotors, calipers and pads. Also hook up the brake lines and im ready to go....

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com