Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need help ASAP pleas......................

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help ASAP pleas......................
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So on sat i was at a bbq and was drinking. When it was time to take off and go home my parking lights tail lights and instrument lights where not working. The weird thing was that only and i mean only the headlights would turn on. So finally after turning the switch on and off several times it kicked on and everything was back to normal but the day after till this day iam having that problem what can this be
Note that i hooked up a relay for my fog lights to turn on with the parking lights but have not had any issues with it for months. can the relay have gone out. i did hear a clicking noise that night coming from around that relay area thank folks anything can help me out right know CUZ I CANT DRIVE AT NIGHT by the wasy its a 89 gt

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could be the wires in the back of the switch they are sometimes loose and pull out easy. i had that happen to me once. i could of looked at the bbq if id known lol

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd change the light switch. Sometimes they go bad I had to change one before.

--------------------
No half steppin

OZZY
¯
Member # 9017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OZZY  Ford pictures for OZZY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CHP2981:
I'd change the light switch. Sometimes they go bad I had to change one before.

Most likly that switch, i had issues like that and once i replaced it works perfect. It can also be that plug that goen into that switch they usually melt pretty good so you might have to change that to.

--------------------
"Im the type of guy that can admire a great body doesn't matter the make."

Maxoctane
¯
Member # 1466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxoctane  Ford pictures for Maxoctane  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your car is a GT then replace the switch for sure. You may want to do more than that though, check out this article;

http://www.corral.net/new/index.php/tech/36-maintenance/68-1987-1993-mustang-gt-foglight-fix

--------------------
www.maxcarauto.com
BUY/SELL/TRADE/FINANCE

85_TT_5.0
¯
Member # 8486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85_TT_5.0  Ford pictures for 85_TT_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Useful future info.

Thank you

Posts: 63 | From: Fremont, ca. | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com