Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » help asap!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: help asap!!!
89 306
¯
Member # 9042

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for 89 306  Ford pictures for 89 306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it feels like a big exhuast leak i changed all gaskets that the exhuast has but remained the same..theres no smoke from exhaust or lost in coolant every thing else seems good..oil is good too...dont know what it could be..car turns on and idels kinda rough and when i give it some gas it backfires..theres no oil leaks and i recently changed the plugs,wires,header gaskets,oil and filter
fuel pressure is at 40 at idel with vacumm unpluged..all vacumm lines are good. pvc is also good...i really dont know wat the crap wrong with it...helllllllppp!!!!!
car has
gt40 manifolds
edelbrock performer heads
302 bored to 306

--------------------
02 mustang gt...mods soon to come!

89 lx: 306. edelbrock. heads..ported gt 40 manifolds..and all that other good stuff.

------------------
The ant-ghetto sign is no joke. Degrade this forum with ghetto behavior and get the boot. Ghetto behavior such as street slang, no regard for education (spelling & grammar) and threatening others with violence has no place on CAFords.com. Please find another forum to demonstrate such behavior.

mustang928
¯
Member # 2123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustang928  Ford pictures for mustang928    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you sure the plug wires are in the correct order?
Posts: 333 | From: CALIFORNIA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
89 306
¯
Member # 9042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 306  Ford pictures for 89 306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes i checked them numerous times and the are right..the plugs are autolites 3924s gapped to .045

--------------------

89 lx: 306. edelbrock. heads..ported gt 40 manifolds..and all that other good stuff.

------------------
The ant-ghetto sign is no joke. Degrade this forum with ghetto behavior and get the boot. Ghetto behavior such as street slang, no regard for education (spelling & grammar) and threatening others with violence has no place on CAFords.com. Please find another forum to demonstrate such behavior.

94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe your maf try cleaning it

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
89 306
¯
Member # 9042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 306  Ford pictures for 89 306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i cleaned that too..used that maf cleaner stuff..still didnt work...im running out of ideas of wat it can be...wat the hell can it be guys???
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------

------------------

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check the tps..and do you have a ignition box?
Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
89 306
¯
Member # 9042

update...so i got to start the car today and as soon as it started i heard a baloon like pop noise..i left the car running and i went to check the water and as it kept running the water level kept dropin..i turn off the car and drain the oil...well wat do u know..the screw barly came loose and it started drippin water...i pull the screw all out and the dam oil is all milky...i havnt done a oil change because i still think the right head gasket blew out...was i right or was i right??
wat do u guys think??

--------------------

------------------

89 306
¯
Member # 9042

i forgot to mention should i try doin an oil change and see wat happens or should i just go ahead and start to change the head gasket and wat do to to change um???

--------------------

------------------

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89 306:
i forgot to mention should i try doin an oil change and see wat happens or should i just go ahead and start to change the head gasket and wat do to to change um???

thats bad news man..headgasket

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah its confirmed its a head gasket if the oil is milky its definately the gasket the water mixed with the oil
89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wouldnt jump to that conclusion right away because there is water that runs through your lower intake manifold , it could leak past the gasket into your lifter valley, i would check that on your way to the head gasket, maybe even do a compression test and a leak down test first to confirm..
94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It could be your rockers are not adjusted rite also I think. 86-50 had a problem like this

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM

89 306
¯
Member # 9042

i jus had those manifold gaskets changed and everything went on smooth..but wat i dont get is that i dont get smoke or water from the exhaust?? but i hav had various people tell me its the head gasket...
how many of u have done this and being my first time that i might do it, wat kind of things should i watch for and other help full tips u guys can tell me...or should i just take it to my mechanic and have him do it..he does want 800 bucks for it..money i dont really wana spend on the car since im tryin to sell it....

--------------------

------------------

89 306
¯
Member # 9042

i doubt that wouold make it sound like i have an exhuast leak type sound..but i am gana get those adjusted if i go ahead and tackle the job myself

quote:
Originally posted by 427 StRoKeR 94 GT:
It could be your rockers are not adjusted rite also I think. 86-50 had a problem like this

--------------------

------------------

89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that would explain your problem if there is no smoke it could be leaking directly into your lifter valley , there would be no smoke but there could be a chance for alot of water to get past, i would definately check that first....
89 306
¯
Member # 9042

ima try it guys anything is better than spending 800 right now..

--------------------

------------------

94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Trust me that car went to three different mechanics and it was running like shit and getting th milky oil and all it need was for the rockers to be adjusted the writ way. And now its been running like a champ ever since [patriot] [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM

89 306
¯
Member # 9042

yea ive seen that shit run..wish mine ran lik that...who adjusted his shit??

--------------------

------------------

94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Carajo

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM

89 306
¯
Member # 9042

ima hav to talk to joe see if i can get his number or something so he could come check it out one time..

--------------------

------------------

89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

I dont see how the rockers would cause the oil to get milky it could cause it to run shitty though
94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

I don't know how to explain it but it happened to 86-50

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM

89 306
¯
Member # 9042

i talked to my mechanic and he said when i change the gaskets i wil hav to readjust the valves just tryin to get some imput before i do it myself dnt want to mess stuff up

--------------------

------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com