Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Supercharger help....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Supercharger help....
VTec This
¯
Member # 4268

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VTec This  Ford pictures for VTec This    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a Procharger p600B complete kit made for a 96-98 GT. I'm trying to put it on my 03 GT. Does anyone know if I buy the P1sc bracket, if I can drill holes to make it fit the p600B supercharger and bolt up to my 03?

I also talked to a couple people and they said I can swap the timing cover case on the 96 GT and put it on the 03 GT and then the blower will bolt right up. What's all involved in swapping the timing cover case between the two years? Is it a pain in the ass?

Thanks
John

Posts: 56 | From: Fairfield 707 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can't drill holes in the bracket; the routing for the belt is completely different.

Pull/swap the timing covers.
Remove the valve covers, harmonic balancer, PS pump reservoir, hydroboost pump, AC pump, coil brackets, fan for radiator. Cover bolts, 4 bolts from oil pan to cover, reverse the install...pretty straight forward, just don't mess with the chain tensioners.

Or, make a template of the bracket you need and have it made from plate aluminum.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
VTec This
¯
Member # 4268

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VTec This  Ford pictures for VTec This    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The template sounds a lot less of a headache, I'm flooded with school and work and only have part of the weekends to work on the car.

Any idea on how to make a template and how much it would cost?

Posts: 56 | From: Fairfield 707 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com