Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Does a CHP Coupe Really weigh less than 3k punds??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Does a CHP Coupe Really weigh less than 3k punds??
Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigchelis  Ford pictures for Bigchelis    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
While doing my research online per my recent CHP purchase I ran accross this site which seem to offer the most information regarding CHP Coupes.

http://www.sspmustang.org/technical/Misc_data.htm

In one of their documents it says 2960 Pounds. Is this possible? Mine has nothing electric (except the trunk). No hood heat shield.

-

Posts: 161 | From: San Jose,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very possible... mine is 2980 w/ me in it.

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigchelis  Ford pictures for Bigchelis    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 8stang8:
Very possible... mine is 2980 w/ me in it.

Thanks,, good to know. I thought that Coupes were 3100ish pounds, but it is good to hear mine can possibly be under 3k pounds.

Where did you weigh the car?

bigchelis

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remeber seein a article in a magazine where a bone stock coupe was weighed before a tubular k member swap and it was pretty light for not being modified.

I weighed mine in my driveway, i know somebody that knows somebody w/ a portable scale system.

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Way back in High School days [Eek!] [Eek!]

I had a 95 Mustang GTS (nothing Electric). I removed the interior and trunk items. With a off/x-pipe and flows I took it to Zanker Road to the dump. I rolled the car on the scales, got out and it was 3140lbs.

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My SVO with power everything and no backseat with an aluminum headed 351w weighed 3160 on the truck scale on Whipple Ave.

A coupe at under 3k? Might be possible.

fivptgo
¯
Member # 7421

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fivptgo  Ford pictures for fivptgo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there should be a scale at your local racetrack
my coupe weighs 2850
minus power steering ac and radio

Posts: 106 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my car is 2970 power everything..and thats with it converted to 5lug disc & 17inch bullits.. also full tank of gas.. weight was at sac raceway.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My coupe weighed in @ 2,995 with aluminum heads, AC & smog delete, & a 5 speed....

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my coupe weighed 2500lbs but after all the dynamate and a roll cage im at 4k.... j/k but that shit is heavy....
Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

quote:
Originally posted by fastertoys1:
my coupe weighed 2500lbs but after all the dynamate and a roll cage im at 4k.... j/k but that shit is heavy....

2500lbs, that is Civic HB 93 status..

I will be going to Sacramento Raceway on early September and will see how light my CHP coupe really is.

50Mustang
¯
Member # 3108

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Mustang  Ford pictures for 50Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bigchelis:
Way back in High School days [Eek!] [Eek!]

I had a 95 Mustang GTS (nothing Electric). I removed the interior and trunk items. With a off/x-pipe and flows I took it to Zanker Road to the dump. I rolled the car on the scales, got out and it was 3140lbs.

the newer owner still has this car lol, too bad that's in reno. most of the times sacramento's scale is closed, but atlease you will be able to run the 1/4 mile.
i would just go to the dump and weigh it there. bye the way, this is Bryan. wassup chelis [Cool]
you got one clean real xchp [Wink] wanna sell it. lol

[ August 08, 2009, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: smokealot ]

--------------------
"Theirs no such thing as to much horsepower and torque"

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com