Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » car is burning poil #8 plug is gunked up with dry oil

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: car is burning poil #8 plug is gunked up with dry oil
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
recently changed my lower intake manifold gasket and after i put everything back it was smoking ..my boy jose told me to check my plugs and sure shit #8 was all black with oil resedue...he thinks at the worst it mite be the valve seals on the heads..i also got another suggestion from my other friend to switch injectors to see if it mite be that??..im just stuck on what it could be the heads have about 75k at the most...anyone else can think of anything please let me know

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could it possibly the vaccume lines hooked up wrong??

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could be oil getting past the rings or valve seals bad. You may have spilt a little coolant in the ports when the intake was removed.
addedto much oil?

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what kind of shape is your pcv valve in?

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it run normal? maybe the intake gasket shifted on stall,sucks if this aint it. any vac line would equally distribute that oil to all the clyinders not just one
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Half my plugs are exactly what your describing. Threads are soaked in oil, electrodes covered in baked oil and crusty. My problem I believe are rings and valve seals, I burn a quart every week or so.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
ScooterStang
¯
Member # 9077

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScooterStang  Ford pictures for ScooterStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my boy put new intake manifold and after he had wet plugs and come to find out the intake gasket shifted and that was the prob u might try that especially if u just changed it and it was fine before.. just a thought good luck [dance] [dance]

--------------------
~ 89 GT
~ 07 GSXR 1000
~ 89 Toyota 4x4 w/7" lift

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com