Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » computer help on a chevy :-)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: computer help on a chevy :-)
Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im posting this here cuz i know a lotta people have these trucks , i have a 96 gmc yukon (same thing as the chevy tahoe) and im getting spark and fuel up to the intake but not to the injectors this guy at a shop said ignition module or computer and i just had the module tested and it was good so im looking at the computer now , chevy wants $500 plus a program , autozone said theres come pre programmed for $128 , and pepboys wants $120 plus a program , now im tryin to figure this shit out but why would the autozone one not need a program they said they come programmed but u gotta special order it , and all the others say they have to be programmed , man i hope i dont go thru all this and its sumthin else im broke enough as it is,
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there are places pep boys sends there ecu's out to get programed thats probably why they have to send it out. autozone's supplier probably programs them before they go out thats why there area special order.

ecu's dont go bad as often as people think. did autozone test the module for you? some of there testing ways arent the best ways to test them. I would check other things out first before you drop some money on a computer

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
vortec engine right the have tons of injector problems there should be a cam sensor make sure thats working an there was a recall on those years for fuel injector problems
F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers
¯
Member # 8971

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers  Ford pictures for F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
vortec engine right the have tons of injector problems there should be a cam sensor make sure thats working an there was a recall on those years for fuel injector problems

If im not mistaking the distributor is the cam sensor,they have a crank sensor. Ive replaced a whole lot of injectors on Vortecs,v6 and v8.Dont think the computer is the problem

--------------------
R.I.P MATT "4-Speed King"

Posts: 179 | From: RICHMOND,CA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya im just trying to figure this shit out before I go broke chasing it down , I just gota figure out why the injectors aren't spraying I doubt they are all plugged up I guess I could yank them out and check em
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com