Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » wideband air/fuel ratio gauge install.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: wideband air/fuel ratio gauge install.
fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im installing a wideband kit in my coupe
and i wanted to know were is the best place to install the o2 sensor on the h pipe? before or after the stock 02 sensor?driver side or passenger side?

89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it all depends on whether you have cats or not, if you do then put them right before the cats. also since your running this for a guage i think the easiest spot is on the driver side before the cat(if applicable) kinda pointed up at a diagonal near the bell housing. its all off memory sorry i dont have pictures. and if you do it that way you can tuck the wire up out of harms way and the sensor shouldnt be touching anything.
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your gonna want it closest to the exhaust port for the best readings im sure

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what if i dont have cats?
89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like he said above if you dont have cats get it as close as possible but you have better access for welding sorry i didnt specify that in my first post , it should have some kind of spec in the instructions like within 12" of the exhaust manifold or something
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on my catted bbk x-pipe, i welded a bung hole right where the first bend is coming down from off the header.

this was on a o/r pipe, but you get the idea. the sensor is screwed on parallel to the ground. it works fine and i haven't had any problems.

-

getjobdone
¯
Member # 4666

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for getjobdone  Ford pictures for getjobdone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hehehe wideband O2 for your bung hole

--------------------
91 notch ^ blown h/c/i

Posts: 677 | From: east bay,ca | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com