Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 97 Taurus Auto Door Locks

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 97 Taurus Auto Door Locks
huttoboy
¯
Member # 7813

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for huttoboy  Ford pictures for huttoboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I just bought this 1997 Taurus and wanted to disable the auto door locks when you put it into drive....I read maint book......no help.....so I go down to Ford to find out how to disable.......well for the small sum of $55.00 the dealership will HOOK IT UP TO A COMPUTER and disable the auto lock fuction........is there any other way short of "cutting the wires" !!! to disable this function. All I see is a money pit when the locks start to fail. TIA
huttoboy
¯
Member # 7813

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for huttoboy  Ford pictures for huttoboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
still trying ??
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pull the fuse

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
huttoboy
¯
Member # 7813

SOB, what a great idea, I will give that a shot when I get home...................thanks!!!!
huttoboy
¯
Member # 7813

OH< and while I was at the dealer, I thought I would get a new key, maybe about $5 bucks or so, well, KEY=$110.00 and $32.00 TO PROGRAM!!!! I now guard my one an only key like it was gold..........
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the locks are controlled by the ecu, what other options do you have other that totally disabling the system or paying the 55 bucks. cheap ass
ohh and that 140 dollar key keeps your dam taurus from getting hotwired. I wouldnt complain

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
7-Up Man
¯
Member # 8345

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7-Up Man  Ford pictures for 7-Up Man    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try this, it seems to be generic to most ford vehicles.

Deactivating/activating the autolock feature
Before following the procedure, make sure that the ignition is OFF and all vehicle doors are closed.
Automatic door locks can also be turned on/off through the following procedure:
You must complete steps 1-7 within 30 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated. If the procedure needs to be repeated, you must wait 30 seconds.
1. Turn the ignition key to ON.
2. Press the power door unlock control on the door panel three times.
3. Turn the ignition key from ON to OFF.
4. Press the power door unlock control three times.
5. Turn the ignition back to ON.
6. The door locks will lock/unlock to confirm programming mode is
entered/active.
7. With the ignition still in the ON position, press the unlock control once. After a five to ten second delay, the door will lock/unlock to confirm successful programming.
8. After having waited the necessary time for the programming to
confirm, turn the ignition to OFF.

Once disabled, the autolock feature can be enabled by repeating the procedure in steps 1–8

--------------------
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." -Red Green

Posts: 93 | From: Walnut Creek | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com