Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » GT40p heads and exploter intake

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: GT40p heads and exploter intake
03Sn8k3
¯
Member # 8170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03Sn8k3  Ford pictures for 03Sn8k3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok I have gt40p heads and gt40 exploter intake how good are these parts and are these parts like the gt40 or beter and i got bbk equal headers would they work and if I want to sell them how much could i get from them [patriot]

--------------------
NO JK

Posts: 519 | From: Bay Area,Ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
94AFRCobra
¯
Member # 9097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94AFRCobra  Ford pictures for 94AFRCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The "P" heads require special headers for use in a mustang due to the spark plug angle. The heads and intake are good solid pieces if your not planning on going over 350 HP. They are much improved over stock heads and intake. As far as pricing search the threads in the "FORD SALE" section. I think the explorer manifolds go for around $200 - $300, depends on weather they are for internal or external EGR. As far as the heads, I don't know.....I hope this helps.
03Sn8k3
¯
Member # 8170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03Sn8k3  Ford pictures for 03Sn8k3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok but they will improve better right because these heads are ported will it make more hp or no
and I was thinking to sell these parts for 550 is it a good deal or no

--------------------
NO JK

Posts: 519 | From: Bay Area,Ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
mustang928
¯
Member # 2123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustang928  Ford pictures for mustang928    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well.. couple of people have made 249 RWHP with completely stock 5.0 engine. I only made
230 RWHP (untuned) with my old GT40 heads/explorer intake to say I was dissapointed is understatement.

Posts: 333 | From: CALIFORNIA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustang928:
Well.. couple of people have made 249 RWHP with completely stock 5.0 engine. I only made
230 RWHP (untuned) with my old GT40 heads/explorer intake to say I was dissapointed is understatement.

With or without bolt ons? Did you have a cam at all? Im only wondering because im putting together a motor with gt40's ported, cobra intake and a b-cam w/ 1.7's hoping to make a little more than 230 rwhp.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
quote:
Originally posted by mustang928:

With or without bolt ons? Did you have a cam at all? Im only wondering because im putting together a motor with gt40's ported, cobra intake and a b-cam w/ 1.7's hoping to make a little more than 230 rwhp.
There are a lot of variables. Compression, condition of motor, cam, tune, etc. GT40p's and the explorer intake should out perform a stock 5.0 given the tune is good and the motor is in decent condition
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com