Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » need carb help asap

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need carb help asap
silver n black
¯
Member # 8369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silver n black  Ford pictures for silver n black    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My problem is that when i go up in fire up the car its started throwing gas up all over. The pic show where the gas comes out of . Thanx.

-

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your needle-and-seat is stuck open. Tap on the top of the float bowl with a rubber mallet.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
silver n black
¯
Member # 8369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silver n black  Ford pictures for silver n black    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That Flapper crap thing on top
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check your fuel bowl levels.... If that doesnt work you most likly have crap in the needle. pull it out, blow it out and re-install. I would suggest google "how to tune a holley"

pretty good site here:

http://www.bob2000.com/carb.htm

has a write up on how to adjust floats if you dont know already.

[ April 16, 2009, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by silver n black:
That Flapper crap thing on top

huh????lol... your talking about the vent on the primary side right??? that flapper thingy is the for the choke..

[ April 16, 2009, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

silver n black
¯
Member # 8369

yea the car wont fire, i dnt hv time 2day ill try in do wut u said 2mar, thanx tho
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

once you get it running you should up grade that throttle linkage. It is damn near impossible to get full open throttle on a holley using that stock linkage.

easy and cheap... but make a huge power difference http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2004/08/ThrottleLinkage/index.php

i drove my 68 around for 2 years until i relized it

--------------------

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for that link. Just bought 2 heim joints on Ebay for $8 shipped!!!

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
silver n black
¯
Member # 8369

yea i kno. i cud nvr get my car to WOT. i tryd missing with it, changing setting n nada. i replaced the throtle linkage cuz mine was a 2v but there no diff in them. Post sum pics of ur ride
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if it's coming out of the vent tube( the thing your pointing at) it is because your float is either set to high or you float is stuck. when you adjust the float screw make sure it's turning.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
Originally posted by silver n black:
yea i kno. i cud nvr get my car to WOT. i tryd missing with it, changing setting n nada. i replaced the throtle linkage cuz mine was a 2v but there no diff in them. Post sum pics of ur ride

i was to lazy to build a linkage, but here is the link if you have 60 bucks that works great. i picked one of these up last week.

http://www.mustangsplus.com/xcart/product.php?productid=2050&cat=0&page=1

-

-

--------------------

silver n black
¯
Member # 8369

yea nice 68 bro looks a lil like my 67 lol. Ima make one of those linkages. i noticed that my cars was the same to bout da WOT thing. Here r sum pics of my wipe

-

-

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

looks nice.. i like the newer style bullets on classics

--------------------

66coupe
¯
Member # 8549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66coupe  Ford pictures for 66coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think i have the same problem you were talking about 68dustin. my throttle linkage is stock.

-

-

[ April 17, 2009, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: 66coupe ]

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

yep, you most likely are havin the same problem. Like i said i drove for along time no even knowing. get someone to push the pedal to the floor and you look down the carb. If the throttle blades are sitting straight up and down then you arent getting wot. You should have the linkage hooked up to the top hole (big one)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com