Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 94+ springs on 93?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 94+ springs on 93?
fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i picked up a set of springs i belive their for 94-04? i was gonna install them on my 93 lx when i went to compare then the aftermarket spring was about 4 inches longer then stock ... is this gonna work for my car? will it even lower the car?also my 93 is a 4 cyl so i dont have as much wight in the front as a 5.0
thanks

nine1six
¯
Member # 9012

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nine1six  Ford pictures for nine1six    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it will not lower it it will proably be higher than what your ride height is rite now.i have a 89 mustang gt and took the stock spings out and out the stock springs from my 04 gt and put them on my 89.they will fit but will proably be higher.those springs are more stiffer than the stock 5.0 springs.i cut my springs
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oooooooooh you cut your springs, shame shame shame......lol yeah cut em its good for the budget, i cut mine too. i took about a 1/2 a coil out put em back in still was too high so i went with another 1/2 coil, then i went one more 1/2 coil and got a nice 2-2 1/4 drop it definately low but thats how i like em, but take your time and start with 1/2 coil at a time, it might take a while with the test fits but it will be worth it, oh and cut the bottoms of the front springs and tops of the rears. it makes it easy if you can get ahold of an electric grinder and grab a cutoff wheel that way you can flatten out the springs on the top of the rears to look like how they origonally looked. the ride wont be as stiff as say aftermrket drop springs and it will bounce a little but the way mine turned out its not bad at all

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com